PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Aussie Kelly Bowen commits

BobZag
05-12-2008, 10:39 AM
6'2" Australian PF Kelly Bowen will be a Zag this coming year. Google her to learn more about her. She's very tough and averages a double-double where she has played in Australia. A real nice get by Coach Graves.

Welcome, Kelly!

sittingon50
05-12-2008, 03:14 PM
Great job Lady Zags.

Oldsport
05-12-2008, 06:45 PM
Parents look on as Kelly Bowen signs agreement with Gonzaga University.:)

BobZag
05-13-2008, 10:05 AM
Awright, Kelly! Great pic, Oldsport. Bowen is going to be a big help the minute she steps foot on campus.

Zagineer
05-13-2008, 07:31 PM
Awesome!!

Things seem to be going the right way with the Lady Zags. First Courtney, then Katelan and now Kelly.

These things just don't happen. There's a lot of hard work behind the results. Congrats to Coach Graves and Company.

Oldsport
05-13-2008, 09:47 PM
...and no one can forget standout Kayla Standish from Ellensburg High School. Next year we will recruit even more quality players.:)

SALUTE:clap:

Zagineer
05-14-2008, 05:25 PM
...and no one can forget standout Kayla Standish from Ellensburg High School. Next year we will recruit even more quality players.:)

SALUTE:clap:

Thanks, Oldsport. That was my bad. Really big bad, as I was trying to subtly point out the recent string of "k" sounding names and totally forgot about Kayla's verbal to GU.....Not to mention, I also forgot to put Claire in the list. :o :o

I should have thought a little longer before hitting submit reply.

Hmmmm. I wonder if the next name we hear might be.....Kristi??

Oldsport
05-14-2008, 07:50 PM
That's OK Zagineer, however I forgot another one of our special recruits.:(

At about the same time (November 2007) as Kayla Standish signing her LOI we also had Shannon Reader from Lake Oswego High School, Oregon sign her LOI.:)

I wish I knew more about this accomplished basketball player but I don't. If anyone has new information on Shannon Reader regarding her senior year of play,....please update the hungry masses here on the Lady Zag Forum.:)

Perhaps BobZag could start a new thread listing all our current recruits for 2008-2009 and verbals if possible.:clap:

Oldsport
06-04-2008, 09:56 PM
I was just curious if Kelly will be in town in time for Hoop-fest? I bet she would get a big kick out of being here. It must be close to wintertime down under? What months out of the year is their traditional league play? Do they play conference games in the summer or winter?:)

BobZag
06-07-2008, 10:48 AM
All '08 recruits will be on campus for the second session of summer school that starts the end of June. I plan to watch some pick-up games then. :)

Zagineer
06-08-2008, 10:50 PM
All '08 recruits will be on campus for the second session of summer school that starts the end of June. I plan to watch some pick-up games then. :)

Please keep us posted (those of us that live too far away from Spokane to do the same) on what you observe.

OZZag
06-10-2008, 11:57 PM
I was just curious if Kelly will be in town in time for Hoop-fest? I bet she would get a big kick out of being here. It must be close to wintertime down under? What months out of the year is their traditional league play? Do they play conference games in the summer or winter?:)

The league that Kelly Plays in is a State Youth league (some players are over 23) in the State of Victoria. Basketball is biggest in this State. Kelly plays for Franston which is an outer suburb of Melbourne, Australias second largest city (over 3 million people).

Here are her stats in the league up to date.

http://www.sportingpulse.com/team_info.cgi?action=PSTATS&client=1-913-15124-65915-1455912&pID=186973570&pname=Kelly%20Bowen&news_task=DETAIL

This league started in March and will finish off in August so it is a "winter" league here. Pro basketball here is played in the summer.

Oldsport
06-11-2008, 08:14 AM
Thanks OZZag for the information and the link. That's good reading and Kelly's stats are great!:) Now, does Kelly stay put until her basketball season ends or will/has she arrived at Gonzaga to start summer courses? I have to believe that Kelly will be a big hit with Bull Dog Fans everywhere.

Oh, in the weather department, Spokane set record lows and low-highs yesterday. Low, mid-thirty's and a high in the upper forty's. There was plenty of snow in the mountains and several inches in Pullman, WA about
1 1/2 hours south of Spokane....warming weather with 70's by the weekend.

Thanks once again OZZag for the information and send more as you can.:clap: :clap: :clap:

Aussie 1
06-11-2008, 04:38 PM
Kelly arrives in Spokane on June 27. She can't wait to get there.:)

Oldsport
06-11-2008, 07:48 PM
So, Kelly arrives in just a couple of weeks, plus a couple of days. She arrives the day before HOOPFEST,...worlds largest 3 on 3 basketball tournament and all outdoors. As busy as I know Kelly will want to be on her first day at Gonzaga,....Hoopfest must come first. The Lady Zags always have at least one elite entry team at Hoopfest.

If it were within my power,...a twenty-piece band and red carpet would greet Kelly when she arrives....when Kelly comes home to a place where she's never been before. Welcome to the family Kelly!:)

Prepare to feast on the WCC next season.:horse:

BobZag
06-19-2008, 05:09 PM
Can't say enough how excited the coaches and players are about Bowen becoming a Zag. She's exactly what Graves needed: inside help.

Oldsport
06-27-2008, 10:34 AM
As per "Aussie 1" back on 6/11/08, today is a wonderful day for Gonzaga!:)

The first board member to "Meet & Greet" Kelly Bowen and makes a full report back to this board will receive a special gift selected just for completing this fun task....guaranteed by Oldsport.;)

Zagineer
07-05-2008, 09:59 PM

The first board member to "Meet & Greet" Kelly Bowen and makes a full report back to this board will receive a special gift selected just for completing this fun task....guaranteed by Oldsport.;)

Well?? Has anyone met with Kelly yet? Did she participate in HoopFest? I can't stand the delay in information. Does anyonre know antthing?

I think Olsport's offer still holds. Right Oldsport?

Aussie 1
07-08-2008, 03:55 PM
Kelly has been at Gonzaga for almost 2 weeks now. She just loves the place. She is rooming next to Kayla, and they are already best mates. Kelly is enjoying training with the team and is getting on great with the other girls.
She says the facilities at Gonzaga are just FANTASTIC !!!

BobZag
07-08-2008, 05:19 PM
I'll be watching the women soon, as soon as there is a break in the camps.

Oldsport
07-10-2008, 09:07 AM

YES, Zagineer! The offer is still open and the prize is yet to be awarded. This forum needs a good report on Kelly. The first person to supply us with this information will reap the prize! No takers?...not a match...the board goes back. :clap:

I can already see that the 2008-2009 season will be the best ever in the history of our Lady Zags!:)

Oldsport
07-19-2008, 08:28 PM
That's right sports fans,...on July 27 will complete the month long contest to "Meet and Greet" Kelly Bowen and then report to this thread with the results.:) Don't give up trying at this late date. The fans are so information starved on this fine ball player from "Down-Under". Make contact and report quickly and the Grand Prize is yours.

I don't think even the coaches may talk with the new recruits until school starts.

I heard a report that some eager fan was seen on a campus sidewalk supporting a sign that read, "Kelly B., stop and say hello!" Perhaps she returned to her home country?...unthinkable. :)