PDA

View Full Version : Patty Mills successor on the Aussie jr. nats

thespywhozaggedme
05-11-2008, 04:23 PM
Ozzag and i were talking briefly about this guy and I asked him if he is as good or maybe even better than PM. Here was his reply:

Matthew Dellavedova (1m88 - Point Guard - Australia)

Dellavedova was for me among the best PGs of the tournament, if not the best. The 1m88 tall product of the Australian Institute of Sports has the whole package of skills that is needed to become an interesting player on the highest level. Besides the basketball qualities he has, Matthew is also a vocal leader on the court, he encourages his team mates and shows a lot of passion on the defensive end. He completely shut down the US PG Walker in the game for the third place and was herewith the cornerstone of the success.

Dellavedova has a very good three point shot, which he can also fired up under pressure with perfect shooting mechanics. He is not afraid either to take the big shots when the team needs them and he can vary between his jumpers and very well developed driving skills. He has no fear to finish close to the rim against the bigs, where he uses his developed athletic skills to finish the lay-ups with hangtime and foul calls against him.

For me, Dellavedova deserved the PG spot in the All-Tournament team in the place of Irving Walker, especially because of the direct match-up between both on Saturday which went clearly in favor of the Emu.

http://www.europeanprospects.com/tou...l-impressions/

6' 2" is a decent height and not a bad review, sounds like he would be a good leader in the Shane Heal type mould.

As far as I know, he has yet to sign with a D1 team yet.

BobZag
05-11-2008, 04:30 PM
Christophe Ney does a nice job in Europe. I've exchanged a few emails with him before. Pretty knowledgeable guy.

BBskorer
05-12-2008, 09:32 AM
if spy & oz are recommending stock, consider me a buyer. :)

thespywhozaggedme
05-12-2008, 09:34 AM
Thanks for the kind words bbskorer. :)