• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theothegreat21
    Professional Zag Fan
    • Feb 2007

Cactus Classic recap

Hey everyone....we just gave a recap of Anthony Marshall's performance at the Cactus Classic on the blog. We will update the blog the rest of the night after we get word about how Marshall Henderson and the other Gonzaga recruits played. Thanks to everyone who has helped get the voting up to 106 total votes!!!!

ONIONS!!!!!!

http://thekennelreport.blogspot.com/
  • BroncoZAG615
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

More updates of tonight's action, including Josh Smith's big night and Marshall Henderson's maybe, kind-of big night. Read on! Enjoy!!

Last edited by BroncoZAG615; 05-09-2008, 11:16 PM.

Comment

• Texas_ZagFan
      Redshirt
      • Mar 2008

Doofus Posting Statistics

I believe you will find that the doofus who is responsible for posting individual game statistics made a huge error and in some cases, posted the wrong name for a player number. For the Dallas Mustangs, # 15 is Marshall Henderson, but the stat sheet has the name Adrick McKinney. #15 scored 22 points with 5 3-pointers made and that is not Adrick McKinney who is more of an inside scorer.

Someone at the Cactus Classic needs to confirm this, but I believe I am correct.

Comment

• BroncoZAG615
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Thank you Texas_ZagFan, We've been looking for updated rosters and we updated our blog to show that Marshall is more than likely the mysterious #15. It seems likely. Hope everyone's enjoying the writeups. Thanks alot.

Comment

• Reborn
          Zag for Life
          • Oct 2007

I did enjoy the write-ups, and videos. Really nice job.
          Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• Texas_ZagFan
            Redshirt
            • Mar 2008

Incorrect Cactus Classic Statistics Posted

I have been able to confirm that the statistics posted at the Cactus Classic for Friday nights Dallas Mustangs game against the Compton Magic are incorrect. For that game, the statistics posted for Adrick McKinney are really for Marshall Henderson. Tournament officials have not made the correction yet even though they have been notified. This is an example of why you can't always believe everything you read.

Dallas Mustangs player statistics
            Player PTS REB AST BLK TO STL PF
            #15 McKinny, Adrick 22 3 2 0 1 1 0 <<--- These are Marshall's stats
            #1 Dennis, Nolan 20 4 3 0 2 0 2
            #11 McGilveary, Tony 6 6 0 1 1 2 2
            #2 Miles, DeSean 4 1 0 0 0 0 0
            #10 2 0 0 0 1 0 2
            #3 Wilson, Alex 2 0 1 0 2 1 1
            #33 Grossel, Mike 2 3 0 1 1 0 5
            #32 0 1 0 0 0 0 0
            #55 Miles, Keaton 0 2 1 0 0 0 0
            Total 58 20 7 2 8 4 12

Marshall has been high point man for each of the three pool games, scoring 22, 19, and 13 points respectively.

Comment

• BobZag
              Dark Lord of the Zag
              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Texas_ZagFan View Post
              I have been able to confirm that the statistics posted at the Cactus Classic for Friday nights Dallas Mustangs game against the Compton Magic are incorrect. For that game, the statistics posted for Adrick McKinney are really for Marshall Henderson. Tournament officials have not made the correction yet even though they have been notified. This is an example of why you can't always believe everything you read.

Dallas Mustangs player statistics
              Player PTS REB AST BLK TO STL PF
              #15 McKinny, Adrick 22 3 2 0 1 1 0 <<--- These are Marshall's stats
              #1 Dennis, Nolan 20 4 3 0 2 0 2
              #11 McGilveary, Tony 6 6 0 1 1 2 2
              #2 Miles, DeSean 4 1 0 0 0 0 0
              #10 2 0 0 0 1 0 2
              #3 Wilson, Alex 2 0 1 0 2 1 1
              #33 Grossel, Mike 2 3 0 1 1 0 5
              #32 0 1 0 0 0 0 0
              #55 Miles, Keaton 0 2 1 0 0 0 0
              Total 58 20 7 2 8 4 12

Marshall has been high point man for each of the three pool games, scoring 22, 19, and 13 points respectively.
              Look at his overall shooting percentage, though. About 38%. Not good at all in AAU ball where very little defense is played. And the vast majority of his shots are treys. He needs to be driving it more, or shooting mid-rangers, not just launching bombs.
              The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• Texas_ZagFan
                Redshirt
                • Mar 2008

Look at his overall shooting percentage, though. About 38%. Not good at all in AAU ball where very little defense is played. And the vast majority of his shots are treys. He needs to be driving it more, or shooting mid-rangers, not just launching bombs.

It's hard to tell exactly what the percentage is until they correct the stats as the current percentage shown does not include the first game. I'm not sure I even trust the numbers they have posted since they can't even get the players names right.

Comment

Working...
                X