PDA

View Full Version : Turiaf: All-Galaxy??!!???

bigparb
05-09-2008, 02:35 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-080213

Don't know if this was posted or not in Feb when it came out.....

HillBillyZag
05-09-2008, 03:58 PM
Gonzaga University, the NBA, and basketball in general can be proud of Ronny Turiaf. He may never be All-NBA on hoops talent alone, but he is certainly All-Galaxy as a human being amd no one plays harder or loves the game more.

MickMick
05-09-2008, 04:02 PM
I hope he has a long career and makes a ton of money. Good for you Ronny :).

MedZag
05-09-2008, 06:07 PM
I think its established at this point that Ronny will have a long NBA career. He's proven he has the skills and his attitude makes him an easy sell on any team.

I'm most excited to see what Ronny does after basketball though. The man was meant to do great things, I just got a gut feeling about it.

ZagNative
05-09-2008, 06:26 PM
He's 3-4 for six points in eight minutes, one block at the half at SLC against the Jazz. Jazz up 52-43. Kobe's only got 8 so far, on 1 of 5 shooting, with his remaining six points coming off 6-7 Ft shooting.

Go Ronny. Have a nice game! Baby needs new shoes coming off that free agency deal.

Hey, 6'10 recruit out there some place ... Can you visualize yourself one day after you leave Gonzaga, using the MVP of the NBA as your leaning post like young Mr. Turiaf here from the Lakers/Kings game April 15th?

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff232/ZagNative/NBA/Turiaf/2008-04-15RonnyKingsleaningonKobe.jpg

ZagNut08
05-09-2008, 10:00 PM
I, for one, hope he returns to gonzaga to help out with recruiting after he is done with his NBA career

jim77
05-10-2008, 12:23 AM
I think Ronny brings alot more to the LAKERS than just stats. Its virtually impossible to have any internal strife when he's around....the guy will light a place up. What a great guy to have around.

On December 31 2005 me and a bunch of my familiy members went to the Bismarck civic center. (North Dakota) We had gone there to see the Yakima Sunkings vs Dakota Wizards which are part of the Continental basketball assoc. Kind of a minor league pro league.

We had gone to see Ronny play for the Sunkings...this was about 6 months after his heart surgery. Ronny had not yet been signed by the Lakers and was trying to make a comeback. After the game we decided to hang around to see if Ronny would sign our autographs. Honestly, I did not think he'd be interested in hanging around Nowhere ND to sign autographs for a team he'd probably not be with very long. Sure enough the team 1 by 1 emerged and walked right by. Finally, Ronny came out of the lockeroom and My sister asked him if he could sign autographs. He flashed his big smile and came right over and not only signed everything we wanted and tooks some photos with us too. At one point my sister was so nervous she could barely take the picture....at which time Ronny calmed her down. He actually hung out with us for a few minutes and talked with us about the Zags and stuff. My niece and Nephews were so thrilled to meet him.(me too!)..Ronny is as nice as they come. I'm so happy for him to be playing pro ball..he deserves it. The world could use a few more like him.

Ronny would make a great recruiter for GU....it will be hard for any kid to say NO to Ronny.