PDA

View Full Version : Recruits

23dpg
03-06-2007, 01:57 PM
I think Gray starts the Washington state playoffs wed or thurs.

Poling's team plays on Thursday. Unfortunately, it's against Lake Oswego and Kevin Love. I don't expect it to be close, but Andy has been playing better of late.

Any news on Daye?

ZagManFan
03-06-2007, 02:03 PM
I think that Daye's team is finished for the year. Am I wrong, but I thought they lost to King HS in the playoffs.

229SintoZag
03-06-2007, 02:07 PM
I think Gray starts the Washington state playoffs wed or thurs.

Poling's team plays on Thursday. Unfortunately, it's against Lake Oswego and Kevin Love. I don't expect it to be close, but Andy has been playing better of late.

Any news on Daye?

Gray's Bainbridge Spartans play their opening round game on Weds at 9 pm Seattle time at Hec Ed. If they win, they play at 9 pm the next night, and so forth, until they either lose or take the title on Saturday.

This is a tough draw because it will force the team to grab the 12:15 am ferry home to the island, at the earliest. Bainbridge fans and parents are less than fully amused with the situation. Then again, at least they are not here from the east side of the state.

Other than the times, though, Bainbride has a good draw. If they get by Bellevue they have a pretty smooth road to the title game. That's not to say that they will get there, just that they have a much smoother road there than the other half of the bracket, which includes, Beach, O'Dea, and Seattle Prep.

lothar98zag
03-06-2007, 02:14 PM
I think that Daye's team is finished for the year. Am I wrong, but I thought they lost to King HS in the playoffs.
Correct. Daye's season is over.

Also, based on what was said on the radio postgame last night - expect to see at least 1 GU coach at one or more of Bainbridge's games.

CDC84
03-06-2007, 02:36 PM
Again, if Bainbridge wins their next 3 games, the 3A state title game will be on FSN-NW on Saturday night.

Anyone have an update on Ira?

Akzag
03-06-2007, 04:24 PM
Ira finished the regular season with the following stats;

16 ppg
8.9 rpg
2 apg
1.5 bpg
57% fg
41% 3s

good enough for 1st team ACCAC All-Conference, and 1st team NJCAA Div II Region 1

His teammate, Ryan Holmes made 1st team region as well, but only third team conference. Holmes will be a Wave next year.

Meanwhile, Phoenix College defeated N. Arkansas 94-50 in the first round of regional playoffs (3/4). 5 PC players in double figures with Ira getting 15. PC had 24 assists. Last night, PC beat Pima 79-63. They play South Mountain on Wednesday for the regional championship, with nationals taking place the 21st-24th.