PDA

View Full Version : BZ, is this our guy?

HillBillyZag
05-06-2008, 09:43 AM
The University of Michigan has announced that sophomore C/F Ekpe Udoh will transfer. Ep is 6'10", 230#. Played 26 mins. per game last season, averaged 5.0 boards,6.0 pts and 2.9 blks (nice). An athletic big man who can run the floor. "All BIG TEN DEFENSIVE" team last season. Hails from Edmund Ok. Played in 32 games with 24 starts. Oh please BZ, tell me big EP will be a Zag.The kid played in every game as a frosh. pronounced "Epp-Ay" You-Doe". First name given by his mother means "Lion" Full name is Ekpedeme Friday Udoh. Parents are Sam & Alice Udoh.Supposedly a good student and a nice kid. YES! YES! YES! Drive on us will you? SWAT!! SWATT!SLAM!

cjm720
05-06-2008, 10:07 AM
Wow, nice find HillBilly...he sounds perfect (except he'd have to sit out next year)

BobZag
05-06-2008, 10:50 AM
no. :p

HillBillyZag
05-06-2008, 01:16 PM
Can you promise me our guy is at least as good as Udoh? If not, we better go after the "Lion"!

HillBillyZag
05-06-2008, 01:23 PM
I'd rather have Udoh! When we can lure a player like him with Big Ten defensive skills, then I'm sure we are ready for that final four.

theothegreat21
05-06-2008, 01:27 PM
I'd rather have Udoh! When we can lure a player like him with Big Ten defensive skills, then I'm sure we are ready for that final four.

Im hoping there is some sarcasm from the posts you have made about Udoh. Kong scored 33 pts on Boise State who made the tournament and 20+ pts against Marquette when his college played them. Udoh averaged 6pts and 5rbs while playing 26 minutes a game. That is not very good production with that many minutes. And keep in mind that this was not a very strong year for the Big 10, especially in terms of big guys. Just cause a guy plays at a big 10 school, it does not mean he is a big 10 talent.

ToreroStudent
05-06-2008, 01:28 PM
Maybe Udoh wishes to wear a...hmm how shall I say it...lighter blue...maybe a....torrero blue. Ohhh yeahhhh. :)

edit: keep the neg rep coming for a silly joke. It's surprising how uptight some of you can be when recruiting goes dry. It's not like I really think USD can get this guy, though I would love having a big guy who can play defense like that. Hopefully you guys get someone soon. Until then i'll go back to my Foo hole. Let me know when it's safe to come out again. :)

Birddog
05-06-2008, 05:44 PM
I may have missed it, but I don't think the local rag has covered this story yet. Udoh was a year behind Muonelo (Oklahoma St). I would think that maybe they are looking at him. He is a nice player, but is definitely lacking on offense.

HillBillyZag
05-06-2008, 06:44 PM
Will the person who gives negative rep to me every time I post something that you disagree with please fess up. I take pride in this board and try to treat all on it with respect even when I disagree with them. It would be a terribly boring world if we all thought alike. And in my humble opinion, yes, I would take a kid who can start for Michigan, be named to the All Big Ten Defensive team and keep his grades up over a JC transfer who may or may not live up to his hype. At any rate if they go that way, rest assured that I will cheer as loudly for Kong as any other Zag. I just don't like being negged for thinking differently.

HillBillyZag
05-08-2008, 03:28 PM
Still like Udoh!! Check out DX, (draft Express) 2008 sophomore ratings. Udoh is ranked the #36 player, ahead of such as Tenn's Chism, #41,Ok St's Muenolo,#45, Duke's Zoubek, #48, and St. Mary's Samhan, #52. They state that his offense is improving, he has developed a baby hook that is looking nice and is a good jump shooter who needs only to gain confience in his offensive game.He has had six or more blocks several times in games and some say he is at the NBA level defensively now. I like this kid! Wish we had a shot at him.

Birddog
05-17-2008, 03:45 PM
The local rag finally wrote something about Udoh. His leaders are OU and OSU. He is also considering Ark among others. I was wrong about him being a year behind Munoelo, they are both Sophomores.