PDA

View Full Version : More reason for Pargo to return

theothegreat21
05-05-2008, 01:45 PM
Today from Andy Katz

-A few other players are receiving positive feedback, like Kansas junior Mario Chalmers, Arizona sophomore Chase Budinger, Cal sophomore Ryan Anderson and North Carolina sophomore Ty Lawson. All four have said they won't sign with an agent to retain their amateur status.

-In discussing potential lottery picks with decision makers in the NBA, one thing is starting to become clearer: Fence sitters like West Virginia junior Joe Alexander, Syracuse freshman Donte Greene, NC State freshman J.J. Hickson and UCLA sophomore Russell Westbrook are highly thought of at this point, three weeks before the Orlando draft camp (May 27-30). That means that they'll all have tough decisions to make since they could be potential lottery picks.

The most glaring part of this for me is that Mario Chalmers and Ty Lawson might both stay in. If they do that knocks Pargo down farther on the PG rank, but also opens up even more spots up high for next year. This also holds true if both Alexander and Westbrook remain in the draft. Pargo's stock should soar next year and I really think he could be a late lottery pick if he returns. I have to believe that his brother, the NBA, and GU are alerting him to all of this

BobZag
05-05-2008, 02:38 PM
Don't know about lottery pick next year, but certainly a 1st-rounder if he has a good senior year. If all the above stay in this draft, next draft would have Darren Collison, Brandon Jennings, Tyreke Evans and that's about it. I feel like I'm missing someone. Anyway, Pargo would only have to battle guys like AJ Price, instead of guys like Lawson or Chalmers, to be in that top 5 grouping of PGs. He knows this.

freezer12
05-05-2008, 02:56 PM
When is the final day that a player either has to sign with an agent and officially enter the draft or return to school?

Thanks.

CDC84
05-05-2008, 02:58 PM
It is to my understanding that Joe Alexander's stock is climbing and climbing...

ZagNative
05-05-2008, 03:04 PM
When is the final day that a player either has to sign with an agent and officially enter the draft or return to school?

Thanks.June 16th.

theothegreat21
05-05-2008, 04:49 PM
Don't know about lottery pick next year, but certainly a 1st-rounder if he has a good senior year. If all the above stay in this draft, next draft would have Darren Collison, Brandon Jennings, Tyreke Evans and that's about it. I feel like I'm missing someone. Anyway, Pargo would only have to battle guys like AJ Price, instead of guys like Lawson or Chalmers, to be in that top 5 grouping of PGs. He knows this.

I believe Ricky Rubio will be in that draft class. He is from Spain and is considered a once in a generation talent at the PG position. Likely the #1 pick in next year's draft. Lottery might be a little bit high, but he would be a lock for a 1st round pick and a guaranteed contract.

ZagNut08
05-05-2008, 05:54 PM
they have a pretty sweet mix of ricky on his nbadraft page
they have him going #4 overall
http://www.nbadraft.net/admincp/profiles/rickyrubio.html

BobZag
05-05-2008, 06:04 PM
Many times a kid as good as Rubio will be wrapped up in a huge contract that he can't get out of for years. Those foreign teams hate to be one-upped by the NBA and have delayed many good players from going to the NBA.

MDABE80
05-05-2008, 08:42 PM
Rubio........from every tape or video I've seen is as close to Pistol as I've seen in at least 20 years...maybe more. He's just a fun kid to watch.