PDA

View Full Version : Er, about Calvary coaching

BobZag
05-05-2008, 10:40 AM
This is from today's "How's Business" article...

"Baker Construction and Development has hired Mike Chrysler and Casey Calvary as business development directors, calling on dental, medical, professional, and retail clients promoting the company's general contractor, construction management, developer and design-build services."

gamagin
05-05-2008, 01:47 PM
For many decades going back as far as I can remember, most GU scholarship athletes, have gone back to their hometowns (or to bigger cities & opportunities) to make their careers in the real world after college.

Home being where they grew up, not in Spokane, where they moved for a few years to get an education and blay BBall for the Zags.

Now, however, many have chosen to stay or return to Spokane after their sports careers and I think it is a tremendous signal to all of Spokane, not just Gonzaga that not only is the school on an upward swing, but so is this city.

Casey Calvary is among the top 2-3 in the GU basketball annals, so far, I believe, due to his role in the Zags' reaching the Elite 8 -- the highest point to date, in the big dance.

I hope they are greeted with the same open arms that they received when they lit up the world and shone the light of greatness on GU in their basketball careers.

Among those who have returned to Spokane in hopes of making or building a career are Blake Stepp, Matt Santangelo, Mark Nilson, Richard Fox and now, Casey Calvary.

John Stockton (GPrep-GU-Jazz) returned not just to his hometown, but to his old neighborhood for many years. Sean Fallon might come back to Spokane one day, too, for laws school at first, but perhaps to stay in his hometown.

Mark Rypien, the Washington Redskins superbowl MVP (Shadle Park/WSU) also lives in Spokane, as does Gary Pettigrew of (GPrep) Stanford and 10 years w/Philadelphia Eagles.

I am sure there are others, but what I'm trying to point out is these gents like Casey & Matt, even though they likely had lots of choices, appear to want to live in Spokane, and that means they want their children to grow up here, too.

It's a great sign. I hope they continue to live here the rest of their long lives, raise families, enjoy their homes . . . and prosper.

Rangerzag
05-05-2008, 03:24 PM
Is Blake still hangin' in Spokaloo, with or without a donut kingdom??

GSL-KID
05-05-2008, 08:36 PM
They are heros here in Spokane. Their name alone gets them in the door. Look how many of them are spokesman for companies. All of them.

With no pro ball in Spokane the former Zags are as big as Spokane gets.

Just look how the town treats Chief Hockey players (high school kids) and Spokane Shock players (guys making $200 a week).

Good for the guys being able to cash in on their fame.