PDA

View Full Version : Why the freshman left UW

Section 116
05-04-2008, 01:11 PM
Here's a piece from Steve Kelley at the Seattle Times addressing the departure of numerous freshman, including Katelan Redmon, who transferred to Gonzaga:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/stevekelley/2004391034_kelley04.html

BobZag
05-04-2008, 04:41 PM
Interesting find, 116. Thanks. I'm glad we have Kelly Graves.

Oldsport
05-04-2008, 05:58 PM
I can understand what has happened if the article is accurate. I feel I know Katelan from L-C. She grew up some this past season and as a result of her experience at U. of Dub I believe she will be a better player for the Lady Zags more so than if she had of come straight to us from L-C.:o

I have seen Kelly change somewhat sense he arrived at GU. I think he is a more effective coach than eight years age. I have made a point of studying Coach Graves every game and privately evaluate his coaching ability from only my lame point of view. Kelly has improved and will be a wonderful coach for Katelan. Katelan will continue to discover that GU and Spokane fans are her best friends and she is truly loved at GU.:)

Apparently Jackson is good for our basketball program. Thanks coach!:clap:

zagco
05-05-2008, 06:23 AM
That article pretty much matches Zagco's experience with her. As he has said, when the Huskies came to Boise last fall, Zagco's daughter and another girl with ball-girling for the Huskies (the ball girls alternate benches). It was not a good atmosphere. The language that was used was too much for 8-10 year old girls. They were allowed to leave the Husky bench about 5 minutes into the second half. She was abusive.

Zagco loves old school coaches, but "old school" does not translate into foul trash talk on the bench.