PDA

View Full Version : Ball Security and our Offense!

ZagManFan
03-06-2007, 01:06 PM
TO's have been a reason for concern all year, but the Zags are pulling it all together at the right time. Coming into the WCC tourney our last 5 games included games of 11,18,10,15 and 15 TO's, but in the WCC tourney we only commited 9 against SD and 6 last night against SCU. Very good to see this at this point in the year.

I think the main reason for this is the sudden flow on offense. The flex is working well and everyone seems to be on the same page right now. Players are not forcing as much as earlier in the year, but rather are executing the offense to perfection. I don't care if we have to listen to Majerus all night explaining the flex to us, it is worth it.

I promise you this, not one team wants to play GU in the tourney. Do you blame them?

:clap:

Midwestzag
03-06-2007, 01:24 PM
Players are not forcing as much as earlier in the year, but rather are executing the offense to perfection. I don't care if we have to listen to Majerus all night explaining the flex to us, it is worth it.

:clap:

You're right on Zagman. They are not attempting the risky passes, but instead are just "grinding the flex" (Majerus) knowing that eventually a good option for a shot or pass will open up if they are patient.

sonuvazag
03-06-2007, 02:17 PM
I don't care if we have to listen to Majerus all night explaining the flex to us, it is worth it.:clap:

That's funny...

IrishBulldog
03-06-2007, 02:22 PM
I love hearing Majerus' dissertations on the flex Oh-ffense.