PDA

View Full Version : Chace Stanback to transfer

theothegreat21
04-30-2008, 06:42 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3375910

This kid is very talented and hopefully he could be looking to stay on the West Coast. You never know if he could end up being a Zag

LAZAGFAN11
04-30-2008, 07:49 PM
Bruin fans were disappointed that they missed out on Daye and took Stanback instead. Daye is with no doubt the better player, hence Stanback getting zero pt this year. GU really came into UCLA's recruiting grounds and stole a guy from right under their nose.

I highly doubt he comes to GU but I wish him the best of luck.

spudzag
04-30-2008, 07:50 PM
He was a solid recruit that could bearly find his way to the floor after half a dozen games. Assuming Austin leaves after next year he would have a shot a the wing spot assumiung that spot isn't filled by Bol Kong!

Hard to see him getting a scholie when it's a wide bidy that's really needed. Chases' weakness for the Zag's anyway that he duplicates what we already have, rail thin 3. Wish him well I think he has promise, just not as much as Austin, Micah or Bol.

freezer12
04-30-2008, 08:43 PM
Let's see....who most likely recruited him to UCLA? And where is that man coaching now?

I have no inside knowledge, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was considered by Stanback.

Nevtelen
05-01-2008, 12:58 AM
With the transfers SCU has a scholly or two to offer this summer, I assume? Not a bad guess at all, freezer.

cjm720
05-01-2008, 06:50 AM
my understanding was that Howland actually chose Stanbeck over Daye and that he was thought of more as a 4-year player. I don't see him in a Zag uni but with the surge in WCC hoops, it would be sweet if he made it in our conference...SCU, SMU, SD???

CDC84
05-01-2008, 09:04 AM
When I watch UCLA's team play, and I observe how Howland likes to go about doing things, I just can't imagine how Austin would ever fit in with them. It's not that Austin isn't a UCLA caliber talent. He is. He's a North Carolina, Kansas and Florida level talent as well. It's just that he wouldn't have fit in well at every elite program. He needs a system that is suited for him.

IronLions
05-01-2008, 09:26 AM
The rumors are we are releasing up to 8 players. Don't be suprised if he transfers to LMU.

We already have a commitment from four star transfer Larry Davis from Seton Hall. And four star transfer from Oregon Drew Viney on campus for a vist last week.

:)

Kiddwell
05-01-2008, 12:50 PM
Good luck, Iron. Here's hoping Stanback does choose LMU. If not LMU, then another WCC program. (Looks like LMU is building a competitive team.)

Kiddwell's roundball philosophy: "What's good for the WCC is good for GU."

:]