PDA

View Full Version : Taylor/Tinsley Update

Angelo Roncalli
04-30-2008, 03:58 PM
Jeff Taylor signed his LOI with Vandy, as expected. This article suggests that Brad Tinsley has narrowed his field two: Vandy and Wake Forest.

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/news.php?viewStory=59894

BroncoZAG615
04-30-2008, 04:04 PM
Very interesting things in recruiting lately. I thought Gonzaga would be in Taylor final two. Not so. And I was sure that Oregon would be in Tinsley's final two.

If both wind up at Vandy they will be jumping through hoops down there in Tennessee

BobZag
04-30-2008, 04:08 PM
The Daily Double.

theothegreat21
04-30-2008, 04:09 PM
Thats interesting to see, because according to Doug Gottlieb, Tinsley had narrowed his choices to Wake and Oregon. It is an Insider article, but here are a couple of blurbs.

-Oregon is KILLING IT. Apparently recruits are all hopped up on quack. The Ducks have signed McDonald's All-American Michael Dunigan from Illinois, Illinois brethren Josh Crittle and Matthew Humphrey, Georgia product Teondre Williams and Oregon native Drew Wiley.

-Oregon's Class 6A co-Player of the Year Garrett Sim asked out of his letter of intent to Cal and committed to the Ducks. And talented combo guard Brad Tinsley has narrowed his final choice down to Oregon and Wake too.

spudzag
04-30-2008, 04:11 PM
Interesting turn of events. Funny how things work out.

75Zag
04-30-2008, 05:50 PM
In my uninformed and ignorant opinion, Oregon's recruiting class is the reason their coach still has a job, and might be the reason that Mark Few is still at GU. Oregon could have a heck of a team in 08-09. I hope not. Nike must die. Go Addidas.

cbbfanatic
04-30-2008, 06:23 PM
i think worldwide wes has been tied to the oregon program, which basically delivered them hairston and now dunigan... anyone else hear of that link?

having that guy in your corner is very good for the recruiting business, albeit a bit shady...

23dpg
04-30-2008, 08:39 PM
i think worldwide wes has been tied to the oregon program, which basically delivered them hairston and now dunigan... anyone else hear of that link?

having that guy in your corner is very good for the recruiting business, albeit a bit shady...

That is true. It has been written about a few times in the Oregonian. I don't know how shady it is (that is, to what degree) but it certainly is a side of recruiting that most don't know about.