PDA

View Full Version : 2009 WCC Tournament Ticket Sales: On Ice

Zag4Hire
04-29-2008, 07:09 PM
Ahoy polloi! I have been away for a while.

Just got off the phone with the Orleans Arena ticket office and tickets will NOT be on sale May 1st @ 10am PST as planned. It remains TBD. Maybe there is something that I don't know but I am guessing it has to do with being able to get a certain amount of seats allotted for the students? Not sure.

75Zag
04-29-2008, 09:16 PM
The woman at the UP ticket office where I get my UP season tickets told me that the procedure for WCC tournament tickets in 09 will be more or less the same as in past years. Schools will have the opportunity to purchase blocks of tickets to sell to their "A list" alumni, season ticket holders, donors, etc. and and then the extra tickets will be sold by the venue. I suspect that the Orleans people got a bit ahead of themselves.

tobizag
04-30-2008, 07:12 PM
i just checked in with arena to see if anything had changed regarding ticketing, and it sounds like everything is still up in the air. i'll be checking back tomorrow, and if anything comes up, i'll be sure to post.

tobizag
07-08-2008, 12:55 PM
still nothing new

omahazag
07-08-2008, 02:08 PM
still nothing new

Please keep us posted...i appreciate it!

zag70
07-08-2008, 03:02 PM
A few days ago I received my season ticket renewal forms. I was requsted to submit them by Sept 1st along with my WCC ticket request. It is my understanding that after GU has all their requests, a determination will be made if the WCC can honor the total amount of requests. If not, GU will then make tickets available given the allottment criteria. Thereafter, tickets will be sold to the general public, etc. I would think that Bulldog members would also have some priority even if they are not season ticket holders.

J-Mac Zag Forever
07-08-2008, 03:50 PM
If I remember correctly last year they did not go sale until Nov.. At least to the Gen Public.