PDA

View Full Version : OT: Jordan Morgan impressing

BobZag
04-27-2008, 09:20 AM
http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=801904

"You have to like it when prospects find the right fit for college. That is clearly the case for Michigan bound forward Jordan Morgan. The 6-foot-9 forward should have a good career for the Wolverines because he's not afraid to bang, can really pass from the post and when his number is called, he can knocked down the face-up jumper." -Justin Young, Rivals

Hmmmm, what other school could use a Big-Ten caliber banger? Hmmm. This post/thread will be moved soon to another forum.

ZagNative
04-27-2008, 09:30 AM
Why move it? If we can leave all the Rotnei Clark update posts up here, I don't see why we can't enjoy JM's success. After all, his auntie is one of our faves and we knew the kid when he was just a pup ... a big pup, to be sure, but a pup nevertheless.

BobZag
04-27-2008, 09:34 AM
It's just that it's so...so sad, you know... I-I-I can't take it. :mecry:

ZagNative
04-27-2008, 09:44 AM
I forgot how sensitive you are, BZ. I felt the same way when I sold my '57 Plymouth with the push-button shifter. Cried like a baby when that little old lady who bought her drove away with that one side tilted toward the broken rear spring, just the way we liked it ....

Don't worry. There's a '70 Nova out there with your name on it.

LynetteG
04-27-2008, 10:51 AM
You know, I think he is starting to blow up now, seemingly so late, because he is just so young for his grade, and is playing like most of us would see in a high prospect sophomore. He is just 16.5 years old, when most of his peers gradewise are a full year older. Plus with all the personal training he is getting now, it's not a coincidence that he is starting to garner some attention. But alas... I digress... I feel your pain BZ... *sigh*

Thanks for the board plug though :)

JAGzag
04-27-2008, 11:05 AM
I recall seeing Jordan attending a few GU camps in years past, right? What happened? Wasn't there any mutual interest? Why the hell did he choose Michigan?? I feel BZ's pain - this is the type of kid we need and sounds like we had in our own "back yard." Lynette, can't you pull any Aunt magic!! :lmao:

LynetteG
04-27-2008, 01:22 PM
what is it BZ says, something like 'patience young jedi'...

wiszag
04-27-2008, 01:50 PM
Out of all the players that I've followed on this board over the years, Jordan Morgan is the one that I most wanted. A big, strong, smart kid with a great attitude, what' s not to like? I'd really love to hear the behind the scenes story on this one. For God's sake, he came to the GU camps.

LynetteG
04-27-2008, 04:49 PM
Speaking of camp, here's a play during a scrimmage with the team where J (white shorts/blue stripe, white shirt) sets the screen for Ammo (black shirt) to score.

(link removed)

ZagNative
04-27-2008, 07:01 PM
Thanks for sharing those pics, Lynette! The pics say the date was July 2006. Has it really been that long ago? Looking at this pic of JM (he's the one without the gut!),

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/lynettelk/Jordan087.jpg

I was reminded that I read a while back on ESPN's recruit tracker that JM used to be a bit heavy as a youngster but had really worked on his body since then and now looks like a player. I don't know how much "younger" the writer is meaning, but two years ago, he didn't look heavy to me!

Those were fun days!

PS - I've got a feeling that we're going to see some pretty strong movement in that Scount, Inc. (http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=53629&season=2009&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncb %2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fplayer%3frecruitId%3d536 29%26season%3d2009), grade by summer.

LynetteG
04-27-2008, 07:49 PM
ZN, Jordy has never had a weight problem. He has always been tall for his age, and definitely never overweight. The writer is definitely confused. I have some cute cute pics of J when he was younger, but he'd probably kill me if I posted them, LOL.

ZagNative
04-27-2008, 08:15 PM
So, Lynette, exactly how old is Jordan in that pic? 14 1/2 maybe?

MDABE80
04-27-2008, 08:44 PM
I liked that photo of Jordan with Coach Few outside the Kennel 2 Summers back. Man I bet Coach Few wishes he could have snagged Jordan. Among the biggest smiles I've seen on Few. Think how nice it would have been to have Brock and Jordan in the frontcourt for a few seasons....

LynetteG
04-28-2008, 09:09 AM
So, Lynette, exactly how old is Jordan in that pic? 14 1/2 maybe?

almost 15, about 2 months shy.

Abe, yeah, the smile one with Few, nice. And do you see how J is embracing him? He's (J) just such a love bug. While he was here, someone asked him if he was going to go to Gonzaga and he said 'yes', and I said 'really!?' and then he said, 'well, maybe, I don't know'...LOL.

ZN, yes, from 2006 pics. He came to camp 2005 and 2006. He skipped 2007 because he wanted to go to other camps since GU was the only school camp he'd been to.

tyra
04-28-2008, 03:29 PM
You all are really picking a scab here. I wanted Jordan more than any other player in that class. Plus, my heart was broken twice when he picked Michigan over Stanford (which had expressed some interest as I recall). I thought Stanford would be better for Jordan plus we would get to see him play once in a while. And it isn't just that Jordan is nephew to one of our own, it was that I thought he is exactly what this team could use in his class. I have to go now. It is between the Hemlock and the Hemp. :(

gonza
04-28-2008, 03:45 PM
Sometimes the lines I read between are very distorted, so I will just bluntly ask. Is there a chance that Jordan is our "mystery man"?

LynetteG
04-28-2008, 08:56 PM
...Stanford (which had expressed some interest as I recall).

Stanford still expressing interest, among others. Stay away from the hemlock! ;)