PDA

View Full Version : A picture is worth 1000 words!

HillBillyZag
03-06-2007, 09:03 AM
Take a look at the picture on page C5 in the Sports section of the Spokesman-Review. The utter joy on the face of the Zag in that frame almost reduced me tears. This kid defies description, he is my favorite Zag of All.

adoptedzag
03-06-2007, 09:09 AM
They still make newspapers? Wow. I haven't opened up a newspaper in a long time.

IF ITS NOT ON THE INTERNET ITS NOT REAL!!! :D

lothar98zag
03-06-2007, 09:15 AM
Is the picture here?
http://www.spokesmanreview.com/zags/photo.asp?showid=237

brasszag
03-06-2007, 09:20 AM
Is the picture here?
http://www.spokesmanreview.com/zags/photo.asp?showid=237

And is it picture #9?

McZag
03-06-2007, 09:24 AM
For those of us not in Spokane, what pic is it??

former1dog
03-06-2007, 09:31 AM
#13 and 14 are my co favorites.

HillBillyZag
03-06-2007, 09:42 AM
I am very proud of my own son. But if, like Abraham, I was given another in my old age I would want him to just like Pendo.

HillBillyZag
03-06-2007, 09:48 AM
And if I could get an autographed copy of that particular pic it would make this old retired HillBilly the happiest man in Spokane.

lothar98zag
03-06-2007, 09:59 AM
http://www.spokesmanreview.com/zags/slideshows/030507/r_04.jpg

more...

http://www.spokesmanreview.com/zags/slideshows/030507/r_08.jpg

Lawdog9902
03-06-2007, 10:06 AM
I've been a Zag fan all my life. Both my parents are grads, '70 and '72 and '73 law. I graduated in '99 and GU LAW in '02. My senior year was the elite eight run and a lot of the guys on the team were close friends. With all that being said, last night was as sweet as win as I can remember. The team has been through some much this year from lossing Ammo and Batista to the non conference schedule to the loss of a key player (I can't even mention his name). Being able to see them fight through it all and win last night really made me proud. D. Rav's performance last night reminded me of Matt S. in '99Matt took over that game, I think he had 35 point, and was unstoppable. That was D. Rav last night, there was no way he was going to lose that game. Pendo is all heart, I've never seen a guy willing to lay it all on line game in and game out. You could tell how bad he wanted to put D. Rav and Mallon back into the NCAA's. Downs really impressed me again, although he didn't have his best shooting night, he was all over the boards and played solid D. The Zags are going to be the team that nobody wants to play, just like they were in the beginning. I love it!!!

P.S. Next year this team is going to be lights out. Pargo, Bouldin, Downs, Pendo... it just keeps rolling.

ZagManFan
03-06-2007, 12:42 PM
I like number 6 myself. It looks like ol Danny is getting pulled away in a twister. I can hear him now. "There's no place like home, there's no place like home.":cheers:

RebornZag
03-06-2007, 06:23 PM
Somehow this picture says it all to me!!! The consumate warrior/gladiator after a victory in the pit. His 3 pt shot with 4 and a half to go was what this team lacked for so long...a guy to step up and hit the big shot. He did it against Memphis too....twice!!! Mostly for me last night with Pendo it was his boarding. He seemed to be jumping so high, and looked so tough and determined. More then usual and that says a lot!!!

The beauty of all this to me is that Pendo is one example of The Zags. There are 9 others just like him, IMO who just come in different shapes and who all have different talents. They seem now to have found a way for it all to fit together and ONE....that is chemistry.....

brasszag
03-06-2007, 06:35 PM
Reborn - Welcome back, I was starting to wonder if you fell off the planet :)

The more I see that picture of Pendo, the more I think that really is the iconic statement of GU basketball from this year.

Pure joy at winning - regardless of what gets thrown at you.

The First Season is done and we traveled the nation and took on some of the most historic, and some of the best programs in the game - and beat a couple of them, and were in the game down to the wire in virtually every single one...

The Second Season is done and our guys faced a major issue, and came away with their regular season title.

The Third Season showed our guys turn up the intensity and teamwork another notch (this team goes to 11!) and won the WCC Championship and earn another season.

Time to see what they do in our Fourth Season - all the teams records are set back to 0-0, and the gauntlet is getting ready.

From the looks of it, I think Pendo's ready to take on anyone, anytime, anywhere...

Fonebone
03-06-2007, 11:08 PM
Check out photo # 13 - Did you ever think that you would see DR smiling and Matt B. yelling - much less in one photo. The emotion is there - they just have a lot of focus in the games.