PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Marshall listing Gonzaga

BobZag
04-23-2008, 05:15 PM
...and many others.

Anthony Marshall, 6-1 JR SG Las Vegas (Nev.) Mojave, says he has offers from Colorado State, UNLV, Gonzaga, Miami, Virginia, Washington and Kentucky. He said he's also hearing from UCLA, USC and Kansas.

theothegreat21
04-23-2008, 05:31 PM
Great to hear. This guy should be the main focus for the 09 recruiting. He is the kind of athlete that we need to be able to beat the Tennessee's and Memphis type teams. He is also a great student and is considered the best player coming out of Nevada in 09 (also includes Elijah Johnson). Hopefully we can get him up here for an official visit next season

spudzag
04-23-2008, 08:42 PM
Anthony Marshall would be great but I'd consider him a longshot. I think Marshall Henderson is more likely and would be a good addition. I also like Reid, but would bet MH would be the one.

BroncoZAG615
04-23-2008, 09:11 PM
I think we would have offered Jeff Reid when he visited back during the season but we did not. I have never really been that impressed from what I have read or seen on Reid. At least not as impressed as Anthony Marshall or Marshall Henderson.

That being said, having watched a full game of Anthony Marshall play in the AAU tourney in Denver, he is the man. He would be a GREAT get for Gonzaga because his stock is going nowhere but up.

theothegreat21
04-23-2008, 10:15 PM
Anthony Marshall would be great but I'd consider him a longshot. I think Marshall Henderson is more likely and would be a good addition. I also like Reid, but would bet MH would be the one.

Im not sure that he is such a long shot. According to his rivals articles we were one of the first schools to begin recruiting him and we had coaches visiting him at school at the beginning of his junior year. Marshall would be such a great player here and while I think Marshall Henderson fills a solid niche as a shooter, I think he would be a little bit of a settle compared to Anthony

BroncoZAG615
04-23-2008, 10:21 PM
The fact remains that next year we should have plenty of scholarships to go around. Opening the door for MH and AM should be easy, as long as we get a quality big and wing to go alone with these two I will be happy.

duper
04-24-2008, 07:53 AM
If you can get a player of that caliber you absolutly must do it.
However that is not the position with the most urgent need. I feel a big tough low post player that you can dump it to late in the shot clock when all else fails is first priority.