PDA

View Full Version : DJ Augustin to go pro

BobZag
04-23-2008, 02:41 PM
A very crowded draft for PGs.

zagsfanforlife
04-23-2008, 02:48 PM
A very crowded draft for PGs.

not only does this affect pargos draft decision, but you can also take Texas out of one of the top spots in everybodys preseason top 25 poll.

CDC84
04-23-2008, 06:32 PM
Augustin won't immediately hire an agent though. Interesting....nbadraft.net has him as a back end 1st rounder, while draftexpress.com has him going at #11.

It's looking more and more like Ty Lawson will be returning to UNC.

BroncoZAG615
04-23-2008, 06:48 PM
Lawson would be the key to a title run for Carolina next year. Especially if Hansbrough and Ellington come back, watch out.

But it all rests on Ty. They would have absolutley no depth at PG. Only Frasor and Larry Drew which is very unstable.

With Lawson, Drew can redshirt and they add Ed Davis, who is going to be great at Carolina.

Could be a very scray team next year.

zagsfanforlife
04-23-2008, 06:52 PM
regarding Augustin, foxsports said barring an injury in the pre draft camps he is gone

ZagNative
04-23-2008, 07:45 PM
"Don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out ... (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3363966)" I love this ESPN story, a few chuckles in an otherwise uninspiring college basketball week:

Pitino says Caracter 'conning himself' over NBA chances

LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Rick Pitino said Wednesday it's unlikely forward Derrick Caracter will return to the Louisville Cardinals after declaring for the NBA draft.

Caracter announced his intention to enter the draft following Louisville's loss to North Carolina in the NCAA tournament last month, but has since approached Pitino about staying in school.

Pitino told Caracter, who averaged 8.3 points and 4.5 rebounds this season, his game wasn't NBA-ready.

"I think he's been looking in the mirror and conning himself for a long, long time," Pitino said. "Now he's got to go and find out what the real world is like."

Caracter is enrolled at Louisville and has yet to hire an agent, leaving open the possibility of his return in the fall. Pitino however, doesn't believe Caracter will be back in the fall.

"That's not in the cards for him right now," Pitino said. "It's not in his best interest as well as our best interest. Our best interest and his best interest right now is to try to become a second-round draft pick. Too much has happened for him to turn around now." Sorry, kid, but we made your bedroom into a computer room for Mom already. Have a nice life, and write if you get work!

MickMick
04-23-2008, 08:15 PM
After watching Augustin in the Big 12 championship game against Kansas, my perception of his game took a big hit. He took bad shots down the stretch. Really bad shots. I actually thought that the other Texas guard, AJ Abrams, kept the Longhorns in the game despite Augustin's poor play.

The tournament game against Memphis' Derrick Rose was the clincher for me. Augustin was clearly outplayed by Rose. I recall thinking at the time that DJ Augustin was getting a brief glimpse of his future NBA career in that game.

CDC84
04-23-2008, 08:16 PM
Caracter = Opportunity Wasted

BobZag
04-24-2008, 09:10 AM
Looks like Texas' Abrams could be gone, too.

That would knock the Horns down a few notchs.

CDC84
04-24-2008, 12:54 PM
More on Augustin (and why he might want to consider staying at Texas):

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=403626