PDA

View Full Version : Congrats from a Memphis fan

daddyodewy
03-06-2007, 07:13 AM
Congratulations on the win last night and the bid to the Big Dance. Who knows, maybe we'll meet up again in the tournament.

No matter what, we TIGER fans look forward to the Zags coming back to our house next year.

gamagin
03-06-2007, 07:19 AM
thanks. I like this rivalry, too.

we hope to create our own classic. and classic ending, too, for the Zags, in your crib next time.

In any event, it will be a game, and hopefully, a rivalry, not to be missed.

zag69
03-06-2007, 07:23 AM
Daddyodewy,

Thanks...you guys have a very classy program and I hope we have lots of opportunities for games together in the future beyond next year.

daddyodewy
03-06-2007, 07:46 AM
Daddyodewy,

Thanks...you guys have a very classy program and I hope we have lots of opportunities for games together in the future beyond next year.

Most of our fans are very decent people but like all groups, we have our share of knucleheads. It mostly has to do with a deep passion among many in Memphis for our basketball team. I get the impression that it's the same with Zag fans.

In our case, it goes back to 1957 when the NIT was THE TOURNAMENT, and our little "know one ever heard of us" school made it to the championship game against Bradley. We lost by one point, and where have you heard this before, there was a HIGHLY questionable call at the end......lol.

That started the love affair. The championship game against UCLA in '73 and the run up to it, cemented the relationship between TIGER b-ball and the city at large.

In a city in the south where there were and still are, to a much lesser degree, thank God, racial tensions, when it comes to TIGER b-ball...there is no rich or poor, there is no democrat or republican, no liberal or conservative, and no black or white.........just TIGER fans.

GPZagFan
03-06-2007, 07:51 AM
The GU/Memphis game was a blast to watch this year...Joey Dorsey really put on an exciting show. Thanks for the praise...and good luck to Memphis!

LongIslandZagFan
03-06-2007, 07:55 AM
thanks. I like this rivalry, too.

I thought teams needed to hate each other for a rivalry. ;)

I like this matchup for years to come.

daddyodewy
03-06-2007, 08:23 AM
I thought teams needed to hate each other for a rivalry. ;)

I like this matchup for years to come.

Some rivalries are based on hate.....

Memphis hates tennessee and Louisville

Some are based on respect....

Memphis respects Gonzaga.