PDA

View Full Version : Today's NBAdraft.net Mock Draft

BroncoZAG615
04-21-2008, 03:56 PM
I've been anxiously awaiting an updated mock draft from this site since the announcement of Jeremy entering into the draft without an agent. As of right now, he is still off the board :D which is very good news because I'm sure he is watching mock drafts as well as seeing what other scouts say.

If you look at this draft, it is easy to see how loaded it is. It is pretty amazing actually.

http://nbadraft.net/

CDC84
04-21-2008, 04:06 PM
Both nbadraft.net and draftexpress.com are expecting Jeremy to come back. In fact, one of them says that he needs to come back.

MBZags
04-21-2008, 09:43 PM
Looking at the mock drafts, I can't echo enough what CDC said.

LongIslandZagFan
04-22-2008, 05:16 AM
Looking at their 2009 Mock... Hey, I like Blake Griffin's game and yes it is a weaker draft next year, but he is by no way, shape, or form #1 pick material. Can he be a lottery pick, yes. Should he be a lottery pick, yes. #1 is something I just don't see. His game will have to improve. Just MMHO.

CarolinaZagFan
04-22-2008, 08:37 AM
Does anyone have Pargo's e-mail address so they can go ahead and send that his way? :D

ZagNative
04-23-2008, 02:05 PM
Just testing needs to return (http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/8009178)

Jeremy Pargo, 6-2, 205, PG, Jr., Gonzaga Extremely underrated floor leader who is athletic and can score. However, could use one more season in college because of the plethora of guards that have and will declare for this draft.

Robzagnut
04-23-2008, 02:10 PM
Roy Hibbert at #23 is way too low. Robin Lopez at #15 is way too high. He's got no offensive game like his brother.

Sonics with two #1 picks and four #2 picks can really make a splash. They really need a PG. Rose would be the perfect fit for them. Too bad they're moving.

I'm going to become a Trailblazer fan. It would be cool to see the Blazers get Love like predicted. Love and Odom playing for the first time next year would be a lot of fun to watch.

JohnOGU
04-23-2008, 06:09 PM
Hey, The Sonics arent moving for sure yet. Keep the fingers crossed.

CDC84
04-23-2008, 06:24 PM
Roy Hibbert at #23 is way too low.

Very good chance he becomes the steal of the draft. He's a player whose abilities are greater than how he was utilized at Georgetown. You do not see many bigs of his size with his skill level.

I am also surprised by Robin Lopez's positioning. He has nowhere near the offensive skills right now as his brother.

MickMick
04-23-2008, 07:54 PM
I love Blake Griffin's game. Not only is he talented, but he plays tough. Very tough. The NBA will not intimidate him at all. I love his attitude. He just exudes confidence. (Take note Josh)

I think he will turn out to be a better player than Boozer is for Utah. I can see him going first.

With the addition of Juan Patillo, I see Oklahoma as a surprise team next season. They will certainly be one of the best rebounding teams in the nation. I can't recall if Longar Longar is returning or not for them.

sdzag
04-24-2008, 01:29 PM
Wouldn't that be crazy to see 4 zags picked in the 2009 draft like they predict. I mean what a bump for recruiting after 2009. Not to mention for HS and Big JUCO impact players to see on draft sites this year. What a chance to play with so many future pros!:D

TennesseeFan07
04-24-2008, 03:11 PM
Very good chance he becomes the steal of the draft. He's a player whose abilities are greater than how he was utilized at Georgetown. You do not see many bigs of his size with his skill level.

I am also surprised by Robin Lopez's positioning. He has nowhere near the offensive skills right now as his brother.

I know, I can't see him in the top 3/4 of the first round at all

duper
04-24-2008, 04:28 PM
How can any draft analyst perdict Micah as a second round draft choice when he didn't start this year and I believe he didn't even leave the bench in the second half against Davidson. It's not that I don't think Micah can't reach that level because I truly do but he hasn't lived up to the hype as of yet.

BobZag
04-24-2008, 04:38 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=403626

Mike DeCourcey:

"However, what Augustin and several others who are not quite in the draft's elite level aren't considering is what tremendous opportunities await in the 2009 draft.

"That draft might come to be known as the "fish and seaweed" class, as Louisville forward Terrence Williams labeled it when he announced he would play his senior year with the Cardinals. It will be dismal. They ought to force the players shaking David Stern's hand that night to wear torn t-shirts or, better yet, "skins," because you'll see a better collection of players at your local YMCA's pickup game."

Thanks to CDC84 for the assist.

LongIslandZagFan
04-24-2008, 06:30 PM
I love Blake Griffin's game. Not only is he talented, but he plays tough. Very tough. The NBA will not intimidate him at all. I love his attitude. He just exudes confidence. (Take note Josh)

I think he will turn out to be a better player than Boozer is for Utah. I can see him going first.

With the addition of Juan Patillo, I see Oklahoma as a surprise team next season. They will certainly be one of the best rebounding teams in the nation. I can't recall if Longar Longar is returning or not for them.

Totally agree. I love his game. But I just don't see it as being a #1 pick game. He could and likely will be a great pro, but outside of a very very weak draft I don't see him being the #1 pick in any draft. But he is certainly lottery material.

MickMick
04-24-2008, 07:15 PM
Totally agree. I love his game. But I just don't see it as being a #1 pick game. He could and likely will be a great pro, but outside of a very very weak draft I don't see him being the #1 pick in any draft. But he is certainly lottery material.

Probably right on the #1 overall.

LongIslandZagFan
04-25-2008, 06:13 AM
Probably right on the #1 overall.

That is the only thing I had an issue with.

ROOFnZAG
04-25-2008, 08:05 AM
Downs for sure can make the league. I'm glad 'the league' is seeing his potential since we don't fully utilize him here.

CDC84
04-25-2008, 08:36 AM
http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=404127

These are anxious days if you are a UNC Tarheel fan.