X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Greysmith
    • Mar 2007

Congrats from a Memphis fan

I hope we don't run into each other before the Final 4.

Remember, the main ESPN boards, etc. are populated by 14 Duke fans.
    Most people have a very favorable opinion of the Zags.
  • Chewbacca
    • Feb 2007

Good luck to the Tigers in March. Much respect to y'all, and likewise, not before the final 4!

Comment

• sanfranzagsguy20
      Kennel Club Material
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Greysmith View Post
      I hope we don't run into each other before the Final 4.

Remember, the main ESPN boards, etc. are populated by 14 Duke fans.
      Most people have a very favorable opinion of the Zags.
      i hope we do run into eachother...would be a great game much like the one in febuary..but i understand if you dont want to see us again this year hey but in all seriousness thanks for the well wishes we will be rooting for you guys in the c-usa tourney...stay classy memphis...you guys are impressive, very knowledgable fans and i for one am glad to call you friends

Comment

• ZagNative
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Welcome, Greysmith!

See what I mean, Zags fans? Memphis = smart, classy posters, by and large, and the rest they apparently have fenced in and don't allow off the property.

Go Tigers!

Comment

• Greysmith
          • Mar 2007

BTW, I meant to say 14 year-old Duke fans.

Also, FYI, I saw the movie "Breach" tonight and the main protagonist (Ryan Phillipe's character) is portrayed as a Gonzaga grad. (Though they pronounced it "Gonzahga" every time.)

Comment

• zagster318
            Kennel Club Alum
            • Feb 2007

Thanks for the kudos greysmith. Is GU and Memphis going to continue playing one another each year?
            "Fall is my favorite season in Los Angeles, watching the birds change color and fall from the trees."- David Letterman

Comment

• Greysmith
              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by zagster318 View Post
              Thanks for the kudos greysmith. Is GU and Memphis going to continue playing one another each year?

As far as I know, yes.

Since our conferences are not well respected, Cal thinks it is in both of our best interests as long as we play it late (February), and get it on National TV.

Comment

• zagster318
                Kennel Club Alum
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Greysmith View Post
                As far as I know, yes.

Since our conferences are not well respected, Cal thinks it is in both of our best interests as long as we play it late (February), and get it on National TV.
                That's great news for both teams, especially if it continues to be played late in the season.
                "Fall is my favorite season in Los Angeles, watching the birds change color and fall from the trees."- David Letterman

Comment

• ZagNative
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

I believe that Gonzaga and Memphis signed a four-year deal, with the first year last year in Memphis, this year at the arena in spokane, next year at Memphis, and the final year in Spokane, though I've heard rumors it could be at the Kennel rather than at the arena (wouldn't that be a barn-burner - I'm thinking ESPN College Game Day again). I've also heard rumors of that fourth year game being in Seattle.

Comment

• zagster318
                    Kennel Club Alum
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ZagNative View Post
                    I believe that Gonzaga and Memphis signed a four-year deal, with the first year last year in Memphis, this year at the arena in spokane, next year at Memphis, and the final year in Spokane, though I've heard rumors it could be at the Kennel rather than at the arena (wouldn't that be a barn-burner - I'm thinking ESPN College Game Day again). I've also heard rumors of that fourth year game being in Seattle.
                    I would love to see it in K2. You're right...that sounds like a College Game Day game. With the talent Memphis and Gonzaga have coming in, it would be an amazing match-up between probable top 10 teams.

Comment

Working...
                    X