• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nevtelen
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

DR sick?

ESPN reports that Raivio threw up in the 2nd half (when? he was on the floor the whole game), but said he didn't think it was something he ate. Just nerves or a relapse of the flu? Anyone have any idea?
  • meadgrad02
    Kennel Club Material
    • Feb 2007

Must have been during at TV timeout or something. I heard the same thing on ESPNews.
    "To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift..."

--Steve Prefontaine--

Comment

• lothar98zag
      PostPadder General
      • Feb 2007

Probably had something to do w/ playing 37 minutes and 40 minutes dirung the 2 games - and easily running more than any other player on the court both nights...
      youtube - "The Runner"

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2013

Dumbing down the internet, one post at a time

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2011

Comment

• Nevtelen
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Hmmm... yeah, ya might have something there.

Comment

• ZagPhD
          • Feb 2007

Read the same thing...

In a SportingNews.com recap of the game (http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...php?t=184547):

"Raivio, named the co-player of the year in the WCC and the tournament MVP, got sick and threw up in the second half, but said he didn't have the flu and he didn't think it was something he ate. "

Maybe he was on track for 40 pts. There was a span there where he looked rather "out of it." If I recall correctly though, he scored 14 in each half so it must not have slowed him down that badly.

Comment

• SWZag
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

When Grier was getting interviewed by Tom Hudson after the game, he mentioned that before his last two free throws, he was throwing up during the time out. Playing all 40 minutes and after throwing up, that guy had to be totally empty/drained after the game. No quit in any of these guys. Gotta love the toughness.

SWZag

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

Comment

• former1dog
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

If I had a guess, I would attribute DR's illness to post flu dehydration.

We do have physicians who frequent the board, so I'll defer to them.

Comment

• tobizag
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Being a physician myself, I can properly diagnose DRav's symptom's simply being a vomitous reaction to the disgusting hair styles sported by the Broncos.

Bryant -- He really does look like a stuffed dog
                Parasite -- WHAT IS THAT HAIRDO!!!!! And no, even though the announcers said so, you are not quite as good as Pete Maravich, and no, you don't look like him...unless he contracted something in a trip to Africa.

sigpic

GU Class of '07

Comment

Working...
                X