• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zag 77
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Oh Danny Boy, the NIT is calling.....

"from glen to glen....

Our little Danny Pariseau tallies 4 fouls, 2 points on 1 for 8 shooting (0 for 3 from 3 point range) and 3 turnovers. Derek scored 28, mostly with him covering.

Plus a few flops trying to draw calls.

I was glad to see a few nice screens thrown at him tonight so Raivio could get open for some shots.
  • Nevtelen
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

No reason to knock the kid - he played his butt off, just like we want our guys to do. I hope Santa Clara tears the NIT up and Pariseau scores 40.

Just as long as we're dancing! Aw yeah!

Comment

• primal23
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Any reason to knock Parasite is worth it imho
      11 cheers for binary!

"Make me a sandwich"
      "Make it yourself"
      "Sudo Make me a sandwich"
      "Okay"

Comment

• Zagheel
        Redshirt
        • Feb 2007

Agreed, Nev. Congrats to Danny for a great year. He displays a large amount of heart, and makes Spokane proud. Congrats, and best of luck in the NIT.

Comment

• zagster318
          Kennel Club Alum
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Zagheel View Post
          Agreed, Nev. Congrats to Danny for a great year. He displays a large amount of heart, and makes Spokane proud. Congrats, and best of luck in the NIT.
          Will they even make the NIT? I hope they do, but those losses to Pepperdine and LMU were really bad.
          "Fall is my favorite season in Los Angeles, watching the birds change color and fall from the trees."- David Letterman

Comment

• brasszag
            Professional Zag Fan
            • Feb 2007

True - no harm in wishing him well now...

Samhan on the other hand has it coming next year :-)
            There's no such thing as "garbage time" - there's only the time to crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

That is what is best about being a Zag.

Comment

• 23dpg
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Why do people hate this kid? He wanted to go to GU, couldn't earn a schollie, transfered to a school that was in the WCC and vowed to beat the Zags. So what? That's called competitive spirit. Is there something else I'm missing?
              Birds aren’t real.

Comment

• almanZAG
                Redshirt
                • Mar 2007

he deserves it!

Danny boy is the one who said the only reason he transferred to SC was to beat the Zags!! Live by the sword or in his case BIG MOUTH and you die by it!:

Comment

• Zag 77
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Spunk is one thing, arrogance another

He is a little pest who thinks he is better than he is. I appreciate a humble, hard-working kid like a Brian Michaelsen who works his tail off to earn a spot on a team. Danny always had a chip on his shoulder,his parents transferred him to another high school to showcase him, and he thought Few should have given him a scholarship.

That is why I don't see much to like and admire. Plus, he seems to have had some obsession for beating us, not for his team, but to satisfy his personal agenda. Why should I like that?

Comment

• Nevtelen
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

So, SCU to the NIT?

I say yes, even with their couple of bad losses. 21 wins, an okay RPI... They'll make it. I honestly hope so. The more WCC teams in the post-season (any post-season), the happier I am.

Comment

• Argentum
                      Bulldog Fan
                      • Feb 2007

Take the high road.

Originally posted by 23dpg View Post
                      Why do people hate this kid? He wanted to go to GU, couldn't earn a schollie, transfered to a school that was in the WCC and vowed to beat the Zags. So what? That's called competitive spirit. Is there something else I'm missing?
                      Danny is a tenacious competitor and the kind of guy you hate to play against and love if he's on your team. He's done plenty to earn this Zag fan's respect. And face facts, it only benefits Gonzaga to have quality opponents in conference like Danny and the rest of his Bronco crew.

Comment

• Nevtelen
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Argentum View Post
                        Danny is a tenacious competitor and the kind of guy you hate to play against and love if he's on your team. He's done plenty to earn this Zag fan's respect. And face facts, it only benefits Gonzaga to have quality opponents in conference like Danny and the rest of his Bronco crew.
                        Totally agree - we're all always talking about how we want the rest of the WCC to step up and win some games. You need to have some swagger to win games. The kid has some swagger to him. SCU won some games. Except for the one in Spokane, we should be happy about it.

Comment

• Zags4life
                          Redshirt
                          • Feb 2007

This one's for you, UWZag

HIBACHI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• zag70
                            Bulldog Fan
                            • Feb 2007

respect?

Any kid that spits at the court in KII after a victory is not worthy of respect. I am sorry. I liked the kids spunk before; however such acts are not worthy of any athlete.

Comment

• TheBeast
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Hey, he had a great year. I won't deny he had heart. I won't deny he had more talent than his 5'11" and his haircut would lead you to believe. I'm going to leave it at that.
                              The next bug on my windshield will be Samhan, but that's next year.
                              Bye, Danny.

But seriously, I hope they get into the NIT and go big. I think the coach and the team deserve to keep playing this year. I'll be rooting for them.
                              I wear a helmet while internetting.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X