PDA

View Full Version : Does Victor Rudd get a serious look?

spudzag
04-20-2008, 08:41 AM
I wonder if staff has made a run at this prospect. He has had a listed since December. He appears to have grown a couple inches and improved his game. Has been a small forward but appears to be making a shift the power forward slot.

Victor Rudd, 6-8 JR PF Van Nuys (Calif.) High, says hes hearing from Cal, Washington, USC and San Diego State.

Greg Hicks erly comments on Victor were;

Rudd has the size, athleticism and skills to be an elite prospect. However, his approach and focus on the details of the game still need to get better. If he can improve in those areas, he might end up one of the top players in the class. It's also possible that Rudd will eventually grow into a power forward.

Maybe his determined to be a BCS school kid, but interesting and within reach.

BobZag
04-20-2008, 09:21 AM
Doubtful. Greg Hicks told me that Rudd didn't "fit" Gonzaga, or something to that effect.

There have been no mentions of Marshall Henderson, Jeff Reid, Anthony Marshall or any Zag recruit yet.

And not one Seattle area kid is mentioning Gonzaga. Big Joshua Smith, Siva, Bradley, Wroten Jr., etc. I'd include Gaddy but Lute Olsen is back as UA coach.

USD's 2009 commit Vander Joaquim got a sweet review from Hicks.

BroncoZAG615
04-20-2008, 09:31 AM
Per Rivals:

Rudd talked about Washington and why he is high on them, "I like Washington a lot. They play a very uptempo game which is the way I play."

Sounds like he either wants to stay in California, maybe at Cal or SC or will wind up at UW. Louisville is also mentioned. No real interest in Gonzaga from what I can see.

spudzag
04-20-2008, 10:29 AM
USD's 2009 commit Vander Joaquim got a sweet review from Hicks.

Wroten is new to me, what's the background and how would he fit?

Noticed a couple of other commitments around the league;

Angelo Caluisro a 6-7 forward to USF
T.J. Campbell a JUCO PG to Portland

BobZag
04-20-2008, 10:40 AM
Wroten is a phenom, a top-10 national 2011 kid. Not the type of player that chooses GU.

MickMick
04-20-2008, 03:16 PM
Wroten is a phenom, a top-10 national 2011 kid. Not the type of player that chooses GU.

And Zag fans complain about not advancing in post season.