PDA

View Full Version : What are your two most shining moments

Reborn
04-18-2008, 01:26 PM
of the '07/'08 season?

1. Getting to see the Zags live against N. Colorado in K2, and meeting and talking to a number of players after the game. I'll always remember how impressed I was by these guys. They are all quality people, that's for sure.
Also meeting Zaggystardust, BobZ, Bocco, and Oregon girl at the game.

2. The Davidson game. Even though we lost, it was my favorite game of the year. It was oh so close...We really were close all year long. Davidson ended up going to the Elite 8, so that made it special for me. Davidson really reminded me of the old Zags of '99. It was like the new Zags vs the old Zags. Cury was a very special player for sure. I think I'll always remember how great he played against us, and the other games in the tournament. Some times, as you can see, loses can be shining moments. If we get all our guys back for next year, I think the Zags can go as far as Davidson did this year.

drnoe
04-18-2008, 01:47 PM
1) Watching Daye and Gray...we've only seen the tip of the iceberg

2) Not really a moment, but it was great not seeing the Zags get blown out. If I recall correctly, they lost by 10 to TT and 8 to Memphis. With added experience and new recruits (hopefully no injuries), the Zags are looking pretty damn good next season...loaded for bear.

CDC84
04-18-2008, 02:14 PM
Seeing Daye and Gray beat Santa Clara practically on their own in the most hostile road environment I've ever been in at SCU.

CaliforniaZaggin'
04-18-2008, 02:27 PM
Seeing Daye and Gray beat Santa Clara practically on their own in the most hostile road environment I've ever been in at SCU.

Agreed. In a matter of five minutes, I went from almost being in tears to hugging random strangers at the bar like it was midnight at a New Year's Eve party.

Nevtelen
04-18-2008, 03:07 PM
1. The way the Zags handled St Mary's @ K2. That was just a pretty pretty game.

2. The UConn game. I was pretty pessimistic going into that matchup and came out a lot more optimistic about the team. Nice to see not only Pargo go off, but also really great to see Micah really put in a tough, workmanlike double-double, awesome to see Sacre holding his own defensively against one of the biggest front lines in college, and fantastic to see Bouldin be nails against their D.

Edit: the SCU game would have been up there if I hadn't gone from "WOW, we're in OT!" to "What the heck is happening - the end of... the 3rd OT??" Stupid Seattle FSN. I'm still bitter.

TexasZagFan
04-18-2008, 03:23 PM
1. The game against OU in OKC. Sure, we lost, but it was great to see the Zags in person. Jeremy was simply incredible. It was a fine road trip, as I was joined by my oldest son, newest brother-in-law, and one of my 8 nephews on my wife's side of the family.

2. UConn - no question.

75Zag
04-18-2008, 04:57 PM
My best two nights were (1) when GU kept Memphis from covering the spread and I won, and (2) the night that GU beat Portland and UConn won, and I had GU and UCONN on a parlay - I think it was January 28th.

Two wonderful evenings I will long remember. I think I cried on the 28th.

Zag79
04-18-2008, 08:50 PM
UCONN, and watching all the home games in person again. reborn, your a glutton for punishment. davidson??? ;) outcoaching is your favorite game? ok sorry i had to go there. :D

zzzjag
04-18-2008, 09:49 PM
2 favorites for different reasons....

1. Dec 31 vs Utah in the Kennel. Not because of the game itself but rather I shared my (our) first Zag game in the Kennel with my 3 boys 10, 8, and 5 years old. We sat second row under the hoop. Kids took a picture with Spike the mascot, another outside next to the Bulldog statue(current screen saver). Then to cap it off, while eating dinner at the Onion and seeing JP walk in. My kids got pictures with him and he signed their caps. Such a highlight for my kids who watch most of the games here on Directv in San Diego.

2. USD game reg season and WCC tourney both here in San Diego....again, its all about sharing your favorite sports team with your favorite people.