PDA

View Full Version : One possible theory about the last couple days

pbriz
04-15-2008, 09:25 AM
So alot of things go on behind the scenes that we have no idea about, but one theory I have is this:

For awhile Pargo had a legitimate shot at going to the NBA early and that left the recruiting door open for King and Taylor, but all of a sudden both eliminate us from their choices-one even committing. Jeff Taylor was always pretty high on Gonzaga too.

Could it be that Pargo has told Few that he will be attending the camps, but plans to definitely return?

cjm720
04-15-2008, 09:29 AM
JT and TK play different positions than Pargo, I highly doubt their decisions have anything to do with Pargo. Now, if Daye delcared that's another thing.

Although it would have been nice to land one or both of these late recruits, I really think that this might be a blessing in disguise. We still have Ira, Larry, and Micah all very capable and all hoping for more playing time at the 3.

cbbfanatic
04-15-2008, 09:37 AM
no need to speculate or theorize on king... the kid's first choice for transfer was nova, and apparently both sides saw/heard what they needed to over the visit so he could pull the trigger without second thought. it is clear that usc and gonzaga were secondary choices for the kid if things didnt work at nova... not bad backups to have.

MickMick
04-15-2008, 09:38 AM
Taylor can play point at 6'7". That is why he was the best thing since sliced bread. Even if he didn't play point for the Zags, you always love PG skills in a wing.

I believe that Pargo had nothing to do with Taylor's decision. I think it had more to do with being close to home than for any other reason.

Pleasant Peninsula
04-15-2008, 12:52 PM
Could it be that Pargo has told Few that he will be attending the camps, but plans to definitely return?

Why would he do that? I imagine that Pargo has said something along the lines of "I'll be back unless they tell me I'll be a first round pick" or something of that nature. But if says he'll definitely return, he'd be lying, because if his stock increases at the predraft camps and some team assures him that they'll take a flyer on him with say, the 25th pick, Jeremy will be gone. It seems to be a foregone conclusion on this board that this will not happen, but I'm not so sure. It all depends on how he performs in the camps/evaluations and the specific needs of the teams drafting at the end of the first round. I hope he's back another year, but if he gets drafted in the first round and gets himself a guaranteed deal, I'll be happy for him. If he leaves and doesn't get drafted or make a roster, then I'll be pissed.

Zag79
04-15-2008, 09:58 PM
exactly. pgo will stay if he sees the nba scouts think he needs to work on his j (i do) to become a league guy, or he will go if he gets the word his draft status is high. smart decision if you ask me. personally, i think he will be back and better than ever to make one helluva run in his SR campaign.