PDA

View Full Version : Rose to declare!

Zerogame
04-15-2008, 08:40 AM
As expected Rose will declare this week according to ESPN.

BroncoZAG615
04-15-2008, 08:44 AM
Shocker! :)

Goodbye Derek Rose, Hello Tyreke Evans. Shouldn't be too bad a trade off for Memphis

cbbfanatic
04-15-2008, 09:13 AM
tyreke evans is NOT derrick rose. not anywhere near as athletic, doesnt share the ball, and will not be surrounded by guys like cdr and dorsey.

tyreke will be good there, but i think if people want him to fill rose's shoes, they will be slightly disappointed. kid should be more of a 2 than a 1

BroncoZAG615
04-15-2008, 09:29 AM
Ok...

Pretty sure I didn't say they were the same player. I said, "shouldn't be TOO bad of a trade off for Memphis". Yes, their will be a slight drop off potentially. But I still like my odds with Evans. Sounds like you have seen Evans play quite a bit though man, keep it up.

MickMick
04-15-2008, 09:48 AM
Rose is a very special player. A "once in a decade" type player. He is going to be a superstar at the NBA level.

When is the last time you have seen a point this good as a 19 year old?

Chris Paul?

no

Jason Kidd?

no

Steve Nash?

no

Gary Payton?

no

Magic Johnson?

yes....how long ago was that?

Edit: Zag guards left out intentionally to avoid potential thread destruction.

CarolinaZagFan
04-15-2008, 10:38 AM
Chris Paul was pretty special as a 19 year old as well. In fact, I would take Chris Paul as a freshman over Derrick Rose as a freshman, sometimes we are prisoners of the present, but Chris Paul was phenomenal from day one. I new he would be a star when I saw him in high school. I think I would take Rose #1 if I was an NBA GM. Look what young point guards are doing in the NBA right now, Chris Paul, Deron Williams, even Raymond Felton when he's healthy.

Chargers4444Life
04-15-2008, 10:42 AM
Shocker! :)

I know...exactly what LT will give Cutler.

Chargers4444Life
04-15-2008, 10:48 AM
Yes, their will be a slight drop off potentially.

You mean the Broncos drop off the face of the earth...forever.

CarolinaZagFan
04-15-2008, 11:07 AM
Player A:
14.8 ppg
3.3 rpg
5.9 apg
2.2/1 assist/turnover
2.7 steals
.4 blocks
.496 fg%
.843 ft%
.465 3pt%

Player B:
14.9 ppg
4.5 rpg
4.7 apg
1.8/1 assist to turnover
1.2 steals
.4 blocks
.477 fg%
.712 ft%
.337 3pt%

Stats are pretty similar. Player A was Chris Paul's stats as a Freshman, and Player B was Derrick Rose's stats this year. I think I would take Paul's better shooting and more assists, but any coach would be happy with either. Just don't let the years diminish how great Paul was as a freshman.

Rubbadub
04-15-2008, 11:17 AM
I would definitely take Paul's.

wazZag
04-15-2008, 11:50 AM
Don't let that 2.7 steals per game for Paul go unnoticed.

gozagswoohoo
04-15-2008, 12:05 PM
Don't let that 2.7 steals per game for Paul go unnoticed.

Almost 3 steals per game is fantastic. That could be a 6 point swing right there, many steals are easy fastbreak points. How many games would the zags have won this season with 6 extra points!

That's a stupid comparison, I know...but it's like this...Jeffrey Dahmer also ate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, does that mean he's not a cannibal? SAME THING!

MickMick
04-15-2008, 12:22 PM
Are rebounds as good as a steal? In both cases they gain you possession. With offensive rebounds the possession is closer to the rim (a score).

Taking that into account, I would say the (19 year old) Paul/Rose stats compare very well. The height difference is not recorded in the stat sheet as well. Makes a big difference on the defensive end.

I would still take Rose.

cjm720
04-15-2008, 01:44 PM
That's a stupid comparison, I know...but it's like this...Jeffrey Dahmer also ate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, does that mean he's not a cannibal? SAME THING!

hahahhaha. That's awesome

cjm720
04-15-2008, 01:47 PM
Are rebounds as good as a steal? In both cases thay gain you possession. With offensive rebounds the possesion is closer to the rim (a score).

Taking that into account, I would say the (19 year old) Paul/Rose stats compare very well. The height difference is not recorded in the stat sheet as well. Makes a big difference on the defensive end.

I would still take Rose.

As great as Rose has been in one year of college (I'd take him before Beasley, well depends on needs I suppose but I hope the Soups can get him), there's no way I'd ever take this guy over Paul - he's been a stud since day 1 and is arguably the league MVP this year. As a fairly risk averse individual, the upside of Rose doesn't even come close to what Paul has (and is) done (doing).