PDA

View Full Version : Very interesting article on the OK St. Football rant

ToreroStudent
04-14-2008, 02:07 AM
Apparently there was more to it than met the eye. I was shocked to hear the entire story. It was completely different than I had expected.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3341578&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab5pos2

Birddog
04-14-2008, 05:26 AM
What were you shocked about Torero? And why do you think this article is the whole truth when it is only Reid's POV. The only thing that this writer said that is revealing is that Carlson decided to print what was basically an unsubstantiated viewpoint based on rumors.

There was a sense now that Gundy didn't trust Reid, that Reid wasn't machismo enough for his tastes. And the gossip got out there, even made its way to the beat writers. They just weren't brave enough to print it.

They weren't BRAVE enough to print rumors? my my. The real reason Reid lost his job is just what Gundy said, "he wasn't productive enough". Reid was and is a huge disappointment. He was slow to make on the fly decisions that are the core of the offense. Robinson is far less talented physically, but he's so damn smart and quick with the decisions that he IS productive.

Time will tell,he'll probably excell at his new school, mostly because he will not be facing the same kind of speed and athleticism that he would at the D1 level. I wish him well. but he had many chances at OSU, and he simply didn't deliver. It's too bad the author of this piece didn't at least link Carlson's article, it was a real hatchet job. Had Gundy not singled her out, the media probably would have been more critical of her, but as it turned out, they circled the wagons to defend her. BTW, she is a terrible writer IMO, and she only has her job because she is a woman. I rarely read her stuff, it really sucks, but just the other day I read about 2/3rds of one of her pieces before I had to stop, because she was so far off base. There are very few in this market that think she is worth a damn. OTOH, they have another female, Andrea Cohen,a beat writer that is damn good. It might be that she sticks with the facts, and is pretty good at getting them sorted out whereas Carlson seemingly gets much of her info off the Internet.

The bottom line to me is that Reid is looking to be a victim. He needs to just play to his potential. If he does, he may play on Sunday, but it's doubtful, he's not even close to Vince Young.

ToreroStudent
04-14-2008, 10:37 AM
What were you shocked about Torero? And why do you think this article is the whole truth when it is only Reid's POV. The only thing that this writer said that is revealing is that Carlson decided to print what was basically an unsubstantiated viewpoint based on rumors.

They weren't BRAVE enough to print rumors? my my. The real reason Reid lost his job is just what Gundy said, "he wasn't productive enough". Reid was and is a huge disappointment. He was slow to make on the fly decisions that are the core of the offense. Robinson is far less talented physically, but he's so damn smart and quick with the decisions that he IS productive.

Time will tell,he'll probably excell at his new school, mostly because he will not be facing the same kind of speed and athleticism that he would at the D1 level. I wish him well. but he had many chances at OSU, and he simply didn't deliver. It's too bad the author of this piece didn't at least link Carlson's article, it was a real hatchet job. Had Gundy not singled her out, the media probably would have been more critical of her, but as it turned out, they circled the wagons to defend her. BTW, she is a terrible writer IMO, and she only has her job because she is a woman. I rarely read her stuff, it really sucks, but just the other day I read about 2/3rds of one of her pieces before I had to stop, because she was so far off base. There are very few in this market that think she is worth a damn. OTOH, they have another female, Andrea Cohen,a beat writer that is damn good. It might be that she sticks with the facts, and is pretty good at getting them sorted out whereas Carlson seemingly gets much of her info off the Internet.

The bottom line to me is that Reid is looking to be a victim. He needs to just play to his potential. If he does, he may play on Sunday, but it's doubtful, he's not even close to Vince Young.

I was mostly just shocked about the change in viewpoint. It was a different way to look at the whole thing and I wasn't really expecting it when I opened the article up. i agree that Reid is looking to be the victum, but I hadn't realized that anyone was looking to be the victum in the first place. I thought that coach Gundy was simply trying to defend his players. I didn't realize that by doing that there was a whole other game going on behind the scenes. I just thought it was interesting. I personally don't know too much about the program. I do know Reid and about some of the peices that they have there. It just gave me a different angle than I expected.

Birddog
04-14-2008, 04:39 PM
that there was a whole other game going on behind the scenes.

I'm not sure what you mean by this, what game? BTW, the author of that ESPN article was ripped on local Sports Radio today. They basically said it was about as bad as Carlson's original piece. Most everybody says that Reid needs to quit with the excuses and blame game. He just didn't cut the mustard and he's got one chance left.

MedZag
05-23-2008, 06:14 AM
Uh oh Torrero, looks like you got an e-secret admirer.