PDA

View Full Version : Scout's ranking - 2009<- early but interesting

MDABE80
04-12-2008, 12:57 PM
http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=9&c=4&cfg=bb&pid=88&yr=2009

spudzag
04-12-2008, 01:29 PM
Interesting scratching around to see if there might me another big or two hiding in the listing that might be a fit.

Brendon Lane had shown a little interest early but that was not mutual and he looks PAC-10 bound. Interesting to see Clarence Trent's name on th eboard for a second year. I just dont see much in the 4 star or better PF listings that are likely for us. Surprises me how far down the list Brock Osweiler is. Clearly a result for commiting here early.

Looking at centers I'd hoped we would stay on Greg Smith's list, but didn't happen. Anthony Stover has us on his list but has given his top three as Stanford, UCLA and Arizona State. Not too promising either. Joe Burton isn't on our list but he's interesting 6-7 280. Chris Cummingham has Gonzaga listed and doesn't seem to be drawing a lot of attention, generally a bad thing. Decent size at 6-7 210 could play PF. Tony Bennett is chasing Trevor Williams, a 6-11 1/2, 254-pound center out of Denver.

I noticed that Marshal Henderson is the 16th ranked point guard. Interesting that he ranks Bradley as the school of highest interest. Anthony Marshal is the 13th SG. Jeff Reid is also looking good ranked #19 among shooting guard.

We are not looking real great recruits at the 4 and 5 slots. I'm looking forward to seeing what develops.

ZagNative
04-12-2008, 01:41 PM
I wonder why they don't wait until after the Kingwood Classic and some of the other important spring AAU tourneys to update their rankings. Seems like a lot more folks will have a chance to look at some of these kids then.

MDABE80
04-12-2008, 01:47 PM
ZN the list will change as the tourneys come up. This is just the first one released. You can bet there will be big changes over the next several months as signing dates draw near.

ZagNative
04-12-2008, 02:12 PM
I was thinking Scout and Rivals only released their top 100 three or four times a year, like quarterly.

BobZag
04-12-2008, 02:18 PM
They change rankings around more now, to drive up interest in hopes of more subscriptions. ;)

I looked back at the 2006 top-100 and top-150.

Wooden Award Finalist (as a soph) Stephen Curry is nowhere to be found. I don't care if he was 4'6", you gotta rank a kid like that.

CarolinaZagFan
04-12-2008, 03:00 PM
You want to hear a funny story about Stephen Curry BobZag, I go to ECU and we are unbelievably bad at basketball. Anyways, Stephen Curry came to ECU for a team camp and our stupid coach didn't think he was "ECU material" haha and didn't offer him. I don't understand how so many coaches missed on a kid like that, especially a school like ECU that sucks year in and year out. With his pedigree and unbelievable stroke and everything. But also, the coach then was a Dumb-A. He also didn't offer Eric Maynor on his official visit, who is now a star at VCU and single-handedly beat Duke in the tourney last year. Those two recruiting fumbles are one of the many reasons that coach is no longer at ECU....Let's just say he got a little too hands-on with a trainer LOL.

BobZag
04-12-2008, 03:20 PM
You want to hear a funny story about Stephen Curry BobZag, I go to ECU and we are unbelievably bad at basketball. Anyways, Stephen Curry came to ECU for a team camp and our stupid coach didn't think he was "ECU material" haha and didn't offer him. I don't understand how so many coaches missed on a kid like that, especially a school like ECU that sucks year in and year out. With his pedigree and unbelievable stroke and everything. But also, the coach then was a Dumb-A. He also didn't offer Eric Maynor on his official visit, who is now a star at VCU and single-handedly beat Duke in the tourney last year. Those two recruiting fumbles are one of the many reasons that coach is no longer at ECU....Let's just say he got a little too hands-on with a trainer LOL.

This is what we call poor decision-making. :) Imagine Maynor and Curry at the 1 and 2.