PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Taylor Info?

vufan4life
04-11-2008, 08:13 PM
Hey guys. Vandy fan here. I wanted to check in with the Gonzaga fans to see if you have heard any scuttlebutt on Jeff Taylor? Since the Texas story a couple of weeks ago that he has narrowed down his choices to Gonzaga, Vandy, and Texas, there has not been much verifiable information out there, so we are getting very antsy.

At some point, we have heard rumors that all 3 are in the lead from various "insiders". I will have to admit that the quotes in the Orangebloods article about probably staying close to home does not bode well for VU. Also, since he has taken all his visits, and we have plenty of scholarships open (3) and a gaping hole at the small forward position, I would be less than honest if I told you I felt good about our chances.

What is the board's take on him? Any inside info. you can share? From my limited research, it doesn't look like you guys have any scholarships left (is that correct?) and Texas is recruiting two big time small forwards who are not deciding for a couple of more weeks (Ebanks and Witherspoon).

One thing for sure, that is the most tight-lipped recruiting of a big-time prospect I have ever seen. JT and the people close to him have done a good job of keeping it close to the vest. Any info you guys have would be greatly appreciated.

MickMick
04-11-2008, 08:31 PM
Tight lipped is the word. No one around here knows.

ZagNative
04-11-2008, 08:38 PM
Welcome, Vandy guy. I can't speak for the board, but vibes here today about the Zags' prospects with this terrific guy could, I think, be described as "cautiously pessimistic."

We've avidly followed Jeff most of his senior year at Hobbs and think he'd be an outstanding fit at Gonzaga. However, I'm inclined to agree with you that the "close to home remark" appeared to give Texas the edge, subject to Eubanks and Witherspoon's decisions.

There'll be room for Jeff if he decides he wants to be a Zag. Coaching staff has been recruiting him hard.

Edited to add: We didn't either of us help ourselves, did we, with our early exits from the tournament. At least you guys still have a dog in the fight (so to speak) in the Women's NCAA Bowling Championship (http://www.bowl.com/articleView.aspx?i=14228&f=1)!

Carl Streator
12-29-2008, 11:50 PM
He has looked pretty good so far.