PDA

View Full Version : New info on Taylor King

theothegreat21
04-09-2008, 02:44 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3338664

Looks like we are in the Final 3 for him as well

Zerogame
04-09-2008, 02:58 PM
For one, it looks obvious that he and Coach K didnít click when you look closely at his comments.

cbbfanatic
04-09-2008, 03:02 PM
... or when you look at him nailed to the bench the last month+ of the season when duke wasnt exactly lighting the world on fire, despite a strong w/l record.

CaliforniaZaggin'
04-09-2008, 03:13 PM
He's obviously very talented, and I sure hope we land him. And I don't give much credence to the argument that him leaving Duke after just one year reflects poorly upon his character. With the potential money that is involved in a professional basketball career, it's important for these kids to find schools that are going to help them succeed. If he knew that Duke wasn't his best interests, then I applaud him for having the guts to transfer from what is a very well-respected and successful program. I'm sure that was a hard decision.

BroncoZAG615
04-09-2008, 03:37 PM
He's obviously very talented, and I sure hope we land him. And I don't give much credence to the argument that him leaving Duke after just one year reflects poorly upon his character. With the potential money that is involved in a professional basketball career, it's important for these kids to find schools that are going to help them succeed. If he knew that Duke wasn't his best interests, then I applaud him for having the guts to transfer from what is a very well-respected and successful program. I'm sure that was a hard decision.

Completely agree.

Often times these kids are chastised by the masses because they transfer schools. People forget that these ball players are just kids who are looking to fit in not only on the court but also with their classmates. King made a huge leap in leaving California to go all the way across country to North Carolina. Just because he transfered people must not attribute it to him having a bad character or anything of the sort. Maybe he just didn't fit in with the rest of the kids there, I'm sure Huntington Beach, CA and Durham, NC aren't the most similar of places. Many kids "take shots" at schools far away just to see what its like and wind up homesick or just plain not fitting in.

I hope King finds his new home here as Gonzaga has been extremely successful not only at getting transfers from Juco or major schools but also keeping kids here for the duration of their college tenure. He would be a valuable asset for this team and I hope he realizes it when he comes to visit Spokane.

TexasZagFan
04-09-2008, 04:02 PM
Completely agree.

Often times these kids are chastised by the masses because they transfer schools. People forget that these ball players are just kids who are looking to fit in not only on the court but also with their classmates. King made a huge leap in leaving California to go all the way across country to North Carolina. Just because he transfered people must not attribute it to him having a bad character or anything of the sort. Maybe he just didn't fit in with the rest of the kids there, I'm sure Huntington Beach, CA and Durham, NC aren't the most similar of places. Many kids "take shots" at schools far away just to see what its like and wind up homesick or just plain not fitting in.

I hope King finds his new home here as Gonzaga has been extremely successful not only at getting transfers from Juco or major schools but also keeping kids here for the duration of their college tenure. He would be a valuable asset for this team and I hope he realizes it when he comes to visit Spokane.

When I arrived at Gonzaga...well, it was so long ago that Edison was in middle school...I was 900 miles away from home, and there was no turning back. I had a good thing back home: fantastic parents, a good job (as far as part-time jobs for HS kids go), a wonderful and extremely pretty girl friend (whose father always had free tickets for the Oakland A's), and four bowling buddies (all of us had dreams of making it to the PBA...it was routine for us to practice upwards of 100 games every week).

As my mother dropped me off, and I saw the station wagon drive out of sight, all I could think of is "what in the tarnation am I doing here?" Fortunately, I acclimated pretty quickly. As most of us know, Gonzaga is a pretty unique place. I can't imagine how things would have turned out at a different school, especially if I had matriculated at a school 3000 miles from home.

I wish the best for Taylor, as I do for all young men and women that take the leap from HS to college.

I spent two more summers in the Bay Area, worked as a forest firefighter for the state of CA, kept bowling, girlfriend dumped me...standard stuff. :lmao:

cbbfanatic
04-09-2008, 04:12 PM
i dont think homesickness has anything to do with this, btw. i think this is strictly a business decision.

from what i've heard of this kid and his dad, i would guess that he ends up at nova or usc, though i dont see a great fit at either. i wouldnt be entirely surprised if he made a decision shortly after this weekend's visit... but if he doesnt, i would expect nova will be out of the race.

BobZag
04-09-2008, 04:58 PM
(whose father always had free tickets for the Oakland A's), and four bowling buddies (all of us had dreams of making it to the PBA...it was routine for us to practice upwards of 100 games every week).

Man, you must be old. Was Chris Schenkel announcing the PBA Tour on Wide World of Sports? I suppose Catfish Hunter autographed your PF Flyers? :p

--------------------------

As for King... I can only guess, and that's all it is, a guess, but I think if Jeff Taylor commits to GU, GU won't take Taylor King. Otoh, if Jeff Taylor chooses Texas, we'll see King in a Zag uni.

thespywhozaggedme
04-09-2008, 05:59 PM

I don't think so at all. As the season progressed he lost time to both Singler and Scheyer. TK is a product of hype, very one dimensional and apparently his nickname among his teammates at Puke was icey-hot, due to his consistent inconsistency. Honestly, not interested.

Pleasant Peninsula
04-09-2008, 06:13 PM
Honestly, not interested.

It's a wonder you aren't being consulted first by Few and Company with regards to this decision.

cair3
04-09-2008, 06:34 PM
king= overrated basketball player

doesnt know how to play the game, not savy, just a shooter.

Micah downs is not savy either but atleast he knows how to play defense and he hustles and plays hard.

King only knows how to shoot and often forces bad shots.

See how micah never gets to the free throw line, King is the same way, he doesnt know how to move without the ball, get to the line or penetrate.

The difference, micah plays great on D, is a good rebounder, hustles, doesnt force shots and plays hard even when things arent going well.

thespywhozaggedme
04-09-2008, 06:40 PM
It's a wonder you aren't being consulted first by Few and Company with regards to this decision.

Yea, my bad. What was I thinking posting my opinion on a message board?:doh:

Chargers4444Life
04-09-2008, 06:44 PM
Completely agree.

Completely agree Philip Rivers owns your soul?

cair3
04-09-2008, 06:48 PM
I think few is a great coach but spy is correct. I love the sets few runs, he is a very good in game coach and although the is criticized for not being personable enough he gets a lot out of his players.

Still the point remains, king is overrated. Could he be a nice piece for Gonzaga? yes. But if he thinks he can be adam morrison, he better adjust his game, learn to get to the line attack the rim and do much more. Few needs to get back to developing talent, rather than just accumulating it. We are full of great talents who all have gapping weaknesses. Just develope the players we have.

King could be a nice asset but he wont accept a role, he thinks he is a stud but he is NOT.

MickMick
04-09-2008, 06:58 PM
The players at Gonzaga set their sights high. In the preseaon they commented that the goal was to win a national championship. People can debate if that is possible or not, but the visiting kids want to hear that kind of talk from the players.

gamagin
04-09-2008, 07:22 PM
<<especially if I had matriculated at a school 3000 miles from home >>

maybe you should have explained to your (ex) girlfriend that most kids matriculate at that age, whether far away at school or not.

CaliforniaZaggin'
04-09-2008, 07:30 PM
Taylor was a McDonald's All-American and recruited by one of the country's best college basketball programs -- he clearly is a talented basketball player. Also, where's all this "overrated" talk coming from?? I don't remember anyone expecting him to be the next Carmelo Anthony. Also, he's only played one season -- who knows, he may still become a great player. I just think all this negative talk about Taylor is pretty unfounded.

LAZAGFAN11
04-09-2008, 07:41 PM
Take it from people like Cair and me who have grown up in California during the time that King was in High School and have watched him play on numerous occasions. Having ego and confidence from a player such as Daye is great, however, a guy like King takes it to another level because he will literally hauck up the ball every chance he can get. This can be evidenced by the fact that he is a one-way player (offense only) and is notorious for not working hard enough on the other end.

Right now, King's mentality is "which school will service me best", not "which school can I service best".

ZagNut08
04-09-2008, 07:43 PM
We have benefited from talented players who transfer to us. It's not like he got lost on the bench behinds scrubs...it was behind very talented players. I would gladly welcome him to our team. He is a freshman, it is expected that he would be somewhat streaky.

MickMick
04-09-2008, 07:52 PM
If Zags were hoping for Rotnei Clarke than Taylor King could fill that type of role from a different position. Catch 'n' shoot (Golden/Appleby style). I envision Taylor King as a role player.

Instant offense off the bench. If he is cold then pull him.

Now the kid from Texas is a different story......

CDC84
04-09-2008, 07:59 PM
One thing to keep in mind, as with all transfers.....this is the end of the line for King. Once he picks his school, he has to tough it out because he can't transfer to another D-1 school. It'll be D-2. That gives the coach that's taking him a lot of might to lay down the ground rules about what he expects in terms of on and off the court related stuff. King is most likely going to be told that "you will play defense," "you will play hard," etc., by Floyd, Few and Wright. He's not going to have much of a choice but to go along with what the coach wants. This is why so many transfers - even controversial ones - end up working out in the end.

BroncoZAG615
04-09-2008, 09:48 PM
I don't think that their is any sort of logical argument which can be made for us not wanting Taylor King unless people can tell me that he will lower the overall skill and talent of this team. And honestly like calizaggin said, the kid is good enough for Duke to sign him originally, for him to be a burger boy and now Villanova, USC, and Gonzaga are trying to acquire his services.

I understand that people have seen him play and think he is a bit of a chucker and the sort but why not give him a chance? I think King is an instant improvement compared to some of the players we currently have on scholarship. That is to take no offense to any of our players but the facts and stats are right in front of our faces. Why not add a pure talent like King to the bench. The only problem I can forsee is if we treat him like Micah where he is an excellent shooter but has to come off the bench for brief spurts and can never catch fire. This would be the worst case scenario but I think it is a chance worth taking based on skill and talent. I'll let Few and the coaches evaluate his ability and his personality when he visits. I'm sure they will make the best judgment and will be able to tell if he fits into what we are trying to do.

MedZag
04-09-2008, 10:35 PM
Micah Downs was a purported team cancer and underachiever per the Kansas fanbase before he got here as well.

The thing about the King scenario I like is that he would be a nice piece to the team, but not an essential one, much like Micah was when he arrived. Having a redshirt year with the senior Pargo and good upperclassman leadership would do a lot.

ZagNative
04-09-2008, 11:01 PM
I don't know if this is news, but a story in the DailyBreeze.com (http://www.dailybreeze.com/preps/ci_8869580) about O. J. May declaring for the draft tonight has a footnote that says:

Meanwhile, USC is recruiting Duke forward Taylor King, who announced earlier this month he was transferring. King is also considering Gonzaga and Villanova.

Sources said USC wants King for his perimeter shooting. King, who is 6-foot-7, considered USC while attending Mater Dei High School in Santa Ana but dropped them before making his final decision.

TexasZagFan
04-10-2008, 12:05 AM
<<especially if I had matriculated at a school 3000 miles from home >>

maybe you should have explained to your (ex) girlfriend that most kids matriculate at that age, whether far away at school or not.

:lmao: It was a delayed reaction, owing to the fact that I'm still half asleep.

cjm720
04-10-2008, 06:59 AM
I don't think so at all. As the season progressed he lost time to both Singler and Scheyer. TK is a product of hype, very one dimensional and apparently his nickname among his teammates at Puke was icey-hot, due to his consistent inconsistency. Honestly, not interested.

Like losing time, as a Freshman, to Singler and Scheyer is such a negative...those guys are ballers. TK may be hyped but give him a bit of a chance...how could he not help?

jazzdelmar
04-10-2008, 08:36 AM
coach k, the self styled nonpareil of ethical coaching, chases kids off the team all the time. im sure tk was too. thing is, u never see coach k's lips move...then again, what lips? tk is a one dimensional plyr; GU has plenty of those now.

BobZag
04-10-2008, 09:11 AM
If Jeff Taylor commits to Texas, Taylor King will likely be a Zag. Jay Wright, Tim Floyd and Mark Few know basketball. They don't recruit bad players. King is 4th on the all-time scoring list in California. He was voted 2007 Mr. Basketball in Cali. Overhyped or not, he'll probably be a Zag if Jeff Taylor goes elsewhere. Nova's and USC's styles are predicated on athleticism. Gonzaga's style is more predicated on skill. King fits GU better than the others.

ZagNut08
04-10-2008, 10:12 AM
Cair, while I respect your opinion, how many times did you watch king in hs? The 7 hour drive from sac is pretty long to watch TK play. I played at Santa Margarita, and played against him, and watched tape of him a ton. The kid lit it up from everywhere on the court. He put up huge numbers against great talent. He isn't as one dimensional as everyone is making him out to be. Yea, his defense isnt great, but in the Gonzaga system, it will be good enough. Maybe its just me, but we have a shot at a top 40 consensus recruit, who may not have had a huge impact a freshman, but still can in his career. I don't know why people aren't more excited about the chance to get him.

He may never be a great, program changing player...but I doubt people on here will regret bringing him on board 3-4 years from now

mnzag24
04-10-2008, 10:22 AM
Catch 'n' shoot (Golden/Appleby style). role player.

For as long as I live, I will never, never, never, never, compare any Zag to Appleby. My blood is boiling just thinking about it

Reborn
04-10-2008, 11:25 AM
I watched T. King several times on TV this past year, and I even thought last winter that King would make a terrific Zag. He looks like a Zag to me, a lot along the lines of a smaller Casey Calvary. Listen. This Kid can flat out shoot. From Long range folks. We've got a couple of pretty good shooters, but my biggest question of some of our shooters (Downs, Bouldin) is can they make 'em in big games. History tells me...NO. I think T. King can. He shot dang well in every game I saw him play in. He just looks like a very talented, and confident kid to me. I hope Few agrees.

cbbfanatic
04-10-2008, 02:03 PM
If Jeff Taylor commits to Texas, Taylor King will likely be a Zag. Jay Wright, Tim Floyd and Mark Few know basketball. They don't recruit bad players. King is 4th on the all-time scoring list in California. He was voted 2007 Mr. Basketball in Cali. Overhyped or not, he'll probably be a Zag if Jeff Taylor goes elsewhere. Nova's and USC's styles are predicated on athleticism. Gonzaga's style is more predicated on skill. King fits GU better than the others.

do you think he will be a zag (assuming no jt) because you think he is a good fit, or do you have real information on it (preferably not from the staff)?

i know some guys that are somewhat connected to this situation that say that they think GU is the 3rd option at this point, that taylor wants to stay in a premier conference if he can and thinks he will be utilized correctly. these guys think that he wants nova that most, hence the first visit, and will set it all up with them if he hears what he wants to hear and they decide they want him (i'm not sure he fits in greatly there either, btw) - without making other visits. of course, these things can change, but ive heard from miultiple places that thats how it currently stands. this weekend should tell a lot

i have a hard time figuring out what is speculation and what is based on solid information around here in general...

cjm720
04-10-2008, 02:14 PM
kind of like the information you've provided here?

cbbfanatic
04-10-2008, 02:38 PM
kind of like the information you've provided here?

im not saying my info is absolute, but i did say generally where it is from, and that i am not just speculating. yeah, it is different. i'm not acting like im some insider here, but i have a couple contacts that are actually following this situation closely on both ends, and havent heard anything to suggest that king is thinking about taylor and whether he commits as a determining factor.

i know that bobzag is revered and unquestionable around here, and im not trying to knock him, i am just really curious about whether he is speculating based on him opinions or giving real intel at times. honest question, one that should probably be asked more often

ZagNative
04-10-2008, 02:53 PM
Bobzag is not unquestioned around here. I've been a thorn in his side on various occasions and haven't hesitated to question opinions he's expressed. However, many of us who have stuck around around this board and previous boards he's administered for a few years have come to trust his access to reliable information. That's not to say he (or his sources) are always right, but they are closer to the mark than most others over time, and from personal experience, I know that info flows to BZ through many channels. I've seen a few of them at work. He's discrete, he loves the Zags, and he's just a great resource for all of us.

Maybe cbbfanatic's sources are right about King favoring Vandy. Time will tell.

cbbfanatic
04-10-2008, 03:00 PM
my info says king favors nova, btw, not vandy, but seems to think that itll happen quickly after the weekend if at all. a lot of other recruiting implications going on with those guys at that spot on the floor, so its hard to gauge the mutual interest.

and i gather that bobzag is fairly tuned into the program, i am just curious as to when he is speculating and when he is using information from any sort of a source... thats all.

its also a little hard for me to understand any real inside info exists on a guy like jeff taylor just given his spot in such an obscure recruiting area. i think that oftentimes the best info comes from guys that are tuned into a local aau scene or a particular HS that always has a few blue chippers at a time (places like oak hill, mater dei, st anthonys, st benedicts, and st patricks) and dont always have a dog in the fight (college-wise), theyre only concerned with the kid.

guys that are tuned into the program staff are great, but the coaches always seem to think theyre getting everyone that they might make it into a final 2 or 3 with, at least they are often very positive about it on the outside, so i always take that stuff with a grain of salt, no matter what program it relates to directly.

ZagNative
04-10-2008, 03:16 PM
and i gather that bobzag is fairly tuned into the program, i am just curious as to when he is speculating and when he is using information from any sort of a source... thats all.

its also a little hard for me to understand any real inside info exists on a guy like jeff taylor just given his spot in such an obscure recruiting area. i think that oftentimes the best info comes from guys that are tuned into a local aau scene or a particular HS that always has a few blue chippers at a time (places like oak hill, mater dei, st anthonys, st benedicts, and st patricks) and dont always have a dog in the fight (college-wise), theyre only concerned with the kid.

guys that are tuned into the program staff are great, but the coaches always seem to think theyre getting everyone that they might make it into a final 2 or 3 with, at least they are often very positive about it on the outside, so i always take that stuff with a grain of salt, no matter what program it relates to directly.It may be hard for you to understand, as you say, but that doesn't mean access to info close to a place like Hobbs, with only the kid's best interests at heart, doesn't exist. Trust me: it does.

Jeff is very, very close to the vest with his preferences. I just really have to admire his character and discretion. Nobody really knows what he's thinking and Bob's never said here, as far as I can recollect, that he's even so much as a lean for the Zags.

Now, can we call off the "my-sources-are-better-than-your-sources" game, and move on?

CDC84
04-10-2008, 04:09 PM
Cbb - BobZag is this board's administrator, and he was the board administrator at the scout.com site for years and years. You don't get into these kind of positions of authority and responsibility and maintain them unless you are exceedingly well connected, and possess a lot of trusted information. If this site had a premium board with premium content, you would find out a lot more about this stuff and where it comes from, but because we want protect the program we care about, we're not going to engage in that sort of business. There are enough sites out there that engage in that activity.

Most people on this site have been a part of the 2 boards a lot longer than you have, and they have grown to know that BZ has a large degree of credibility in what he says. That being said, no one is 100&#37; accurate at all times, because no source is always 100% accurate. I don't care who it is. Especially when it comes to recruiting. Things can change at a moment's notice. Every program has experienced losing a kid that they were 99% certain would come to their school, but who pulled a fast one.

As a side note = AAU coaches can be very unreliable of sources of info. Not only are a good percentage of them shady characters who don't have the best interests of their players in mind, they often try to deliver players to certain schools....either because they're buddies with a college coach, or because they want to make themselves look good and enhance their profile at various levels. There are some guys involved in the whole Seattle scene that are such characters, but they exist all over the country. There have been countless kids over the years who have committed to schools that their AAU coach wasn't pimping for and supporting. This is not to say that all AAU coaches are bad. They come in different colors.

cbbfanatic
04-10-2008, 04:58 PM
let me RE-EMPHASIZE that i was not calling bobzag to be anything less than credible, i just wanted to know whether or not he was working with info or speculating, because it was hard to tell... inside sources have a right to speculate too, so i wanted to know if he was exercising that right. i said this, multiple times.

and for zagnative, im not trying to do a "my sources are better" type thing and i never was, i simply asked if he was speculating because i had heard some different stuff and wanted to know if there was other concrete info out there to which the guys i heard from were not privy

TM27
04-10-2008, 06:06 PM
Now, can we call off the "my-sources-are-better-than-your-sources" game, and move on?

Comical!

ZagNative
04-10-2008, 07:13 PM
From the Press-Enterprise (http://www.pe.com/sports/breakout/stories/PE_Sports_Local_D_web_ucla_11.34fc361.html):

UCLA, USC on Duke transfer's list

Three years after Taylor King reneged on his decision to attend UCLA, the former Santa Ana Mater Dei star is showing interest in the Bruins again.

King, who decided to leave Duke last month after playing sparingly as a freshman, plans to visit USC, Villanova and Gonzaga later this month, his father said Thursday. Steve King said his son would also strongly consider UCLA if coach Ben Howland expresses interest in the 6-foot-6 forward again.

"Taylor has always liked UCLA," his father said. "He has maintained a good relationship with Ben. He was just too young when he originally made his decision."

A three-time all-state selection at Mater Dei, King averaged 26.7 points and 10.9 rebounds as a senior and led the Monarchs to the Division II state title. His father said he is looking for a high-profile program where he can showcase his offensive strengths.

"This is his only shot, so wherever he goes he can't make a mistake," Mater Dei coach Gary McKnight said. "The school has to need a shooter and it has to be somewhere where he can play."

ZagNut08
04-10-2008, 09:36 PM
This reminds me of his recruitment out of high school. He seems to like GU, and knows it is the best fit for him...but he and his father want him playing in a premier conference. I recal it being said that his father wouldn't allow his son to play in the wcc back in high school.

I could see him landing at USC

cair3
04-11-2008, 10:38 AM
Just because someone is good doesnt mean you want them on your team. I think he could fit nicely on UCLA as a bench shooter, but at GU, I worry King will have a mentality that he is the king and will force bad shots in critical situations, I have seen him do this before. He is talented when it comes to shooting and can get hot and knock a bunch in, but he will shoot you out of a game as well.

I like to play with winners that optimize each possession in critical momments.
King is not adam morrison.

Yeah I did not see him play a lot, probably not as much as you socal boys and I know he has killed people, but his style of play, attitude, and self perception is what I dont like. I have seen him shoot his AAU team to a loss twice and it was brutal. His team had mismatches all over the floor and he was pulling bad shots then getting beat on D. They lost to a less talented team that played harder. I feel (maybe I'm wrong) that he will be great in games his team is certainly going to win and poor down the stretch against tough nosed teams like WSU. He also will probably keep some poor teams in the game (play down to level of competition) by forcing bad shots then make a few shots at the end and think he is a hero.

cair3
04-11-2008, 10:46 AM
PS. in recruiting in general. I like guys that feel they have something to prove; guys like Curry that have been told what they arent and why they cant. King has been told he is great since before 8th grade when he committed to UCLA.

Even though Austin thinks he is great and has a little ego, he also has been told he is too skinny and got less attention and props in highschool than a lot of the other stars in LA. Austin has a chip on his shoulder, he always says he chose Gonzaga because of what a great fit it is and thats true, but he also is a little pissed he wasnt a McD and that UCLA offered stanback first. He has something to prove. King acts like he deserves something.
Sometimes guys git a chip on their shoulder when they transfer (micah got tougher) so King may turn it around but so far what I have seen from him, please no.

Zerogame
04-11-2008, 12:20 PM
[QUOTE=CDC84;204762]Cbb - BobZag is this board's administrator, and he was the board administrator at the scout.com site for years and years. You don't get into these kind of positions of authority and responsibility and maintain them unless you are exceedingly well connected, and possess a lot of trusted information.

I have really enjoyed reading the many blogs on this board(didn't know what a blog was before now). Since lurking and finally blogging( is that correct usage?) I noticed that BobZag seemed to be in the know. Is it a secret as to where Bobzag gets his information?

spudzag
04-11-2008, 01:46 PM
The good news is we should know by the end of the month whether Jeff Taylor or Taylor King or neither will be making Spokane there home. I'm assuming that before that is announced it will also be clear how room will be made for the scholorship.

I will trust Fewie to decide if personalities are a fit for the squad.

Zagpower
04-12-2008, 06:31 AM
Is it a secret as to where Bobzag gets his information?

I once saw an interview with the Pump Brothers, and they were bragging that they had Bobzags direct number.

23dpg
04-12-2008, 08:40 AM
World Wide Wes is the guy on the left.
http://www.marcm.net/images/pete-tus.jpg

Bob is this guy.
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1077/1423420908_feb7becf3f.jpg

Nevtelen
04-12-2008, 08:42 AM
BZ is Kaiser Sosay?! I heard he once destroyed an entire AAU team for giving him bad information. Others say he's just a legend, he doesn't really exist. But we know.

Thomas_Sutpen
04-12-2008, 10:16 AM
at GU, I worry King will have a mentality that he is the king and will force bad shots in critical situations, I have seen him do this before. He is talented when it comes to shooting and can get hot and knock a bunch in, but he will shoot you out of a game as well.

I have seen him shoot his AAU team to a loss twice and it was brutal. His team had mismatches all over the floor and he was pulling bad shots then getting beat on D. They lost to a less talented team that played harder.

We should be deep enough that this won't be a problem. Forcing bad shots? Meet the pine. As has been quoted elsewhere, King's next stop will be his last, so he's got to make it work. That means doing what Few & Co. want, or don't play (e.g., Heytvelt).

I'm willing to give King a chance...GU took a chance on Micah, and he has worked out well thus far (and I'm hoping his best days are ahead of him).

Interesting to see how this plays out.

rennis
04-12-2008, 10:44 AM
Others say he's just a legend, he doesn't really exist. But we know.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist"