PDA

View Full Version : OT: Oregon State gets coach...

Pleasant Peninsula
04-07-2008, 11:00 AM
Brown coach Craig Robinson??? We're they just having delusions of grandeur going after high-level mid-major coaches? Brown?

Pleasant Peninsula
04-07-2008, 11:02 AM
Ooh. On second thought, they have only offered him the job. He hasn't accepted yet. Can you imagine if Brown's coach turns Oregon State down? :lmao:

PortlandbasedZag
04-07-2008, 01:22 PM
It is a crazy offer for an east coast guy like that to take...and he reportadly has an offer from Providence as well! I just can't see why anyone would want that OSU job, esp with other offers...except for the $$$$ (which never seems to be a good reason to go coach somewhere...)
I don't think this will be a good hire for OSU either, as he hasn't done anything amazing and seems to run the Princeton offense, which may or may not work out here....

I guess I just can't imagine why they aren't going after Ken Bone from PSU...he put that program on the map AND is from Oregon AND has knowledge into recruiting over here...seems like a no-brainer to me!

The Oregon Spike
04-07-2008, 02:41 PM
He took the job. Beaver fans are, by and large, not happy.

Do not know if this has been mentioned, but his brother in law is Barrack Obama.

I think he deserves a chance to see what he can do before he is so harshly judged.

Besides, what the heck where the Beav's supposed ot do after getting turned down by the head coach of IUPU? Does it really get any lower, when a commuter college in Indianapolis beats out a PAC-10 school?

mtzaga
04-07-2008, 04:51 PM
Do not know if this has been mentioned, but his brother in law is Barrack Obama.

For the first time in my adult lifetime, I am really proud of Oregon State basketball.

Bulldog
04-07-2008, 05:02 PM
For the first time in my adult lifetime, I am really proud of Oregon State basketball.

Nice Monday chuckle.:lmao:

saintzag
04-07-2008, 05:39 PM
Thank God they didn't offer BG.

thickman1
04-07-2008, 05:39 PM
Yes we can! Clap Yes we Can! Clap Yes we Can! Clap Yes we Can!

thespywhozaggedme
04-07-2008, 06:24 PM

:clap: :clap: :cheers: :cheers: