PDA

View Full Version : Make Your NBA Team w/FF Teams

BobZag
04-05-2008, 09:07 AM
I'm going off the top of my head but if I were to choose 10 players from the four teams in the Final Four to begin a NBA team, I'd go with--

PG: Derrick Rose / Darren Collison / Ty Lawson
SG: Wayne Ellington / CDR / Brandon Rush
SF: Luc Richard MM
PF: Tyler Hansbrough / Darnell Jackson
C: Kevin Love

Strong at the guard spots, shaky inside. As GM, I'd be wheeling and dealing in the free agency market for some help inside. But I'd feel pretty good about ballhandling, perimeter play and scoring from my two guard spots, maybe go small by shifting Rush or CDR to the SF spot for a three-guard attack.

What's your team?

cbbfanatic
04-05-2008, 09:17 AM
slide rush in at the 3 ahead of mbah-moute and you have my team... might seem like a stretch size and game-wise, but i still think rush would be far and away a better 3 in the nba than mbah-moute. that kid hasnt seemed to progress like one would hope

BroncoZAG615
04-05-2008, 09:41 AM
I'd just slide Mbah-Moute off the team. I'd hire Coach Few and run the 3 guard offense that we have become accustomed to. There is so much depth in the backcourt there that it would be hard not to have 3 guards out there all the time. I also wouldn't mind finding a spot for Joey Dorsey to spell love every now and then.

A lineup of Rose, Ellington, CDR/Rush, Hansbrough, and Love would be scary talented.

Asotin
04-05-2008, 10:24 AM
Hansbrough + Love = 80 points in the paint for any team in the NBA

You would have to run a Suns or Nuggets type offense, go small and try and just run teams off the court.

brian_sun
04-05-2008, 02:32 PM
Hansbrough + Love = 80 points in the paint for any team in the NBA

That's crazy, in the NBA, only Wilt has averaged over 40pts in a single season once. Jordan, Kobe and West never even come close to averaging 40pts a season. Hansbrough and Love are borderline lottery picks as best. There is no reason to believe that they will even be a starting 4 in any NBA squad, let along a 40pt scorer.

The inside is kind of weak on BobZag's lineup. Since a NBA team has a 12 man roster, I would add Joey Dorsey and D. Arthur to the squad.

brian_sun
04-05-2008, 02:50 PM
A lineup of Rose, Ellington, CDR/Rush, Hansbrough, and Love would be scary talented.

No, it's not. Base on nbadraft.net, the players you mentioned are: #2 overall pick this yeear, #25 pck this year, #32 pick(2nd player taken in 2nd round) / #31 pick (1st player in the 2nd round) this year, #23 pick next year, and #13 pick this year.

Basically, that's 1 franchise player in Rose, 1 borderline lottery pick in Love, 4 players drafted in the 20's to 30's. That's a team lucky to win 25 games a year in the NBA. Granted NBA draft is an in-exact science, and these 4 teams are fantanstic, but the NBA has so much talent and speed that a team constructed from the best 4 teams this year in CBB won't even be competitive.

BroncoZAG615
04-05-2008, 04:39 PM
No, it's not. Base on nbadraft.net, the players you mentioned are: #2 overall pick this yeear, #25 pck this year, #32 pick(2nd player taken in 2nd round) / #31 pick (1st player in the 2nd round) this year, #23 pick next year, and #13 pick this year.

Basically, that's 1 franchise player in Rose, 1 borderline lottery pick in Love, 4 players drafted in the 20's to 30's. That's a team lucky to win 25 games a year in the NBA. Granted NBA draft is an in-exact science, and these 4 teams are fantanstic, but the NBA has so much talent and speed that a team constructed from the best 4 teams this year in CBB won't even be competitive.

Rose is a star sure, but did you watch CDR today? I think he will make a very good player in the NBA. I hold out a lot of hope for Ellington as well. He reminds me of a Richard Hamilton type player in college basketball. Someone who is a skinny shooter who can come off screens and drain mid-range shots. Hansbrough and Love are supremely talented big men and there skill set and drive would be excellent at the next level.

Granted, you can continually disagree with every post but believe it or not there are very successful players drafted in the 20-30 range. If you throw them out there right now, they would probably struggle but I assumed that logically we were allowing for some development at the next level being that this is completely hypothetical. All 6 (including Rush) will have solid to excellent pro careers I believe. Some provide good role players and some take over which is what is needed on any basketball team.

Shanachie
04-05-2008, 06:23 PM
That's crazy, in the NBA, only Wilt has averaged over 40pts in a single season once. Jordan, Kobe and West never even come close to averaging 40pts a season. Hansbrough and Love are borderline lottery picks as best. There is no reason to believe that they will even be a starting 4 in any NBA squad, let along a 40pt scorer.

The inside is kind of weak on BobZag's lineup. Since a NBA team has a 12 man roster, I would add Joey Dorsey and D. Arthur to the squad.

Uh, he meant the opposing team.

Robzagnut
04-07-2008, 02:41 PM
My team would be the same, but take out Hansbrough and replace him with Dorsey at the PF.

Hansbrough will only be a role player in the NBA. There are plenty of scorers on this team, so Dorsey would supply the defense, muscle, rebounding and athleticism.

brian_sun
04-07-2008, 03:21 PM
I think after Saturday's performance, you can put that Cole Aldrige kid on the team, just based on his age, size and potential.