PDA

View Full Version : Pargo profile on NBA Draft website

theothegreat21
04-04-2008, 12:24 PM
http://www.nbadraft.net/admincp/profiles/jeremypargo.html

Just gives the highs and lows about Pargo's game. It seems they agree with most of us, that he needs one more year of development before going pro

BroncoZAG615
04-04-2008, 01:19 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?statsId=3716

Interesting comparison to Marcus Banks. Usually I laugh at these kinds of predictions but this one looks pretty dead on. Banks has bounced around from the Suns to the Heat but has similar build and stature as Jeremy.

Another year of development will do him a world of good. Hopefully he can be more effective in his pro career than Banks. He was a top-15 pick in the draft a few years back if I remember right.

CDC84
04-04-2008, 01:25 PM
I just hope that Jeremy puts the time in with his shooting this summer. 1,000 shots per day, minimum.

thespywhozaggedme
04-04-2008, 01:30 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?statsId=3716

Interesting comparison to Marcus Banks. Usually I laugh at these kinds of predictions but this one looks pretty dead on. Banks has bounced around from the Celtics to the T'wolves to the Suns to the Heat but has similar build and stature as Jeremy.

Another year of development will do him a world of good. Hopefully he can be more effective in his pro career than Banks. He was a top-15 pick in the draft a few years back if I remember right.

I fixed it for you. Banks is already more of the journeyman then you thought. Something that Pargo wants to avoid. One more year of working on his broken jumper and holding on to the ball way too long will go along way in avoiding the dreaded "j" word.

BroncoZAG615
04-04-2008, 01:40 PM
I fixed it for you. Banks is already more of the journeyman then you thought. Something that Pargo wants to avoid. One more year of working on his broken jumper and holding on to the ball way too long will go along way in avoiding the dreaded "j" word.

Oops! Must have just looked at his recent bouncing around! :)

Much like you say though, their seems to be a very high demand for mediocre guards with streaky shots in the league. I'd like to think Jeremy is better than that but if he goes this year, I don't see his future turning out all that differently than Marcus Bank's. But hey, there are worse things in the world than being a NBA journeyman...after all his salary for this year is $3,966,207.

MDABE80
04-04-2008, 05:03 PM
All the money ever doesn't buy respect for you in your chosen craft. CDC..make that 1000 from the floor and 1000 from the line. He needs to go "Rotnei" if he's going to make a 1st rate showing. His dreams will come true if he works for them.

MickMick
04-04-2008, 08:01 PM
I just don't see him making it at the next level. I believe he has a better chance than Matt Bouldin though. Now if you could get a Hybrid of both of their best attributes, you might have something.

mendiant
04-04-2008, 09:02 PM
i believe in Jeremy.

love,
mendiant

beatProgram
04-05-2008, 10:10 AM
I'm quite floored by the prospect that in 2009 there might be 3 Zags who get drafted in the 1st round. 3.

maineblackbear
04-05-2008, 07:52 PM
yup-- I am expecting that. I am expecting Austin to be a lottery pick and both JH and JP to be mid to late first rounders (though Mr. Pargo has a shot to leap into the lottery if a)the class is as weak as everyone says it is and b) he improves in the ways he wants)

Here is the question:

Name the last team to have three first rounders that DID NOT make the final four?

Answer tomorrow morning (during my baseball draft) but you all can feel free to take a shot . . .

mbb

MickMick
04-05-2008, 11:39 PM
yup-- I am expecting that. I am expecting Austin to be a lottery pick and both JH and JP to be mid to late first rounders (though Mr. Pargo has a shot to leap into the lottery if a)the class is as weak as everyone says it is and b) he improves in the ways he wants)

Here is the question:

Name the last team to have three first rounders that DID NOT make the final four?

Answer tomorrow morning (during my baseball draft) but you all can feel free to take a shot . . .

mbb

Without the aid of a search engine, i will shoot from the hip and take a guess:

UNLV

Zagpower
04-06-2008, 08:01 AM
Just taking a guess, it sounds like something Arizona would do.

maineblackbear
04-06-2008, 03:16 PM
sorry about taking so long......

there have been 8 teams since 1990 to have at least three first rounders on their team.

The last team to have at least three first rounders and FAIL to make the Final Four was . . .
U Connecticut. in 2006--lost to George Mason. And UConn had FOUR first rounders!!!
The other recent teams to have lost have been: Arkansas, as a three seed in 1992, lost in the second round to Memphis State. In 1990 Michigan as a 3 seed lost to Loyola Maryomount 149-115.

The ones who made it to the final four were:
Last year Ohio State had three, but lost to Florida who also had three in the final. As far as I can tell, since 1990 that is the only meeting of two teams with three first rounders on them--and they met in the final (and in the regular season, too? or am I getting that confused with the football season?), so that must be ok.

In 1999 Duke had three, In 1996 Kentucky had three and in 1991 UNLV had three.

So, keep that in mind as our team goes through the year-- ain't nuttin' guaranteed. mbb

jim77
04-06-2008, 07:33 PM
I believe Jeremy could have a very succesful career in the pro's but, as a primary playmaker not as a scorer. The guy is very quick/strong and can penetrate defenses. But, he must learn to dish the ball and look for the asisst first.

The same thing goes for the 2008-2009 Zags. We already have prolific scorers, what we don't have is a consistent dish guy. I'm not saying Jeremy didn't have a good assist year...what I am saying is he could average 10 or 12asissts a game due to great guys to pass to AND his own ability to take it to the hoop. (defenses must respect his ability to get to the hoop) I believe Jeremy will be more likely to score a big contract as 12 assist 7 points/game guy then a 7 assist 12 pts a game guy....and leading the Zags into the final 4 wouldn't hurt his resume either. The NBA loves winners.

CDC84
04-06-2008, 09:00 PM
The 1991 UNLV team actually had 4 first round picks: Augmon, Johnson and Anthony in 1991, and Elmore Spencer in 1992. It's worth noting that the 1991 guys were all lottery picks, with Johnson being the #1 overall pick and the college basketball player of the year.

Duke in 1991, in their national semifinal game vs. Vegas, had 3 first rounders: Laettner (1992), Hurley (1993), Grant Hill (1994). Of course Laettner was, without a doubt, one of the 10 greatest college basketball players ever.

titopoet
04-07-2008, 10:39 AM
Actually, Pargo reminds me in his development of Tim Hardaway. Tim also had an ugly shot that he later developed into a deadly three. Pargo has a better shot at this stage than did Tim. his development aand commitment also remind me of Tim's. One of the proofs of how good Pargo is and can be is the Memphis game. We just seen how good Antonio Anderson is. He has been overlooked by the national media in Memphis run, but what he accomplish every bit as impressive as what Rose has done. He just shut down MSU's Drew Neitzel, Texas's D.J. Augustin, and UCLA's Collison. Three all american caliber guards. He pretty much shut down the best guards (UTEP's Jackson etc) in the country with one expection, Pargo. No one can predict the future, but if Pargo continues to but his nose the grindstone, he can be a great pro.

zagfever86
04-07-2008, 04:08 PM
Pargo is significantly more athletic than Banks.