• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BobZag
    Dark Lord of the Zag
    • Jan 2007

2009 Guard Listing Gonzaga

"I have offers from UNLV, Colorado State, Miami, Virginia, Gonzaga, Washington State and Washington," said Anthony Marshall. "My coach has been hearing some from Baylor also. Those are the main ones right now."

He's wide open at this point and will decide after summer.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."
  • LAZAGFAN11
    Kennel Club Material
    • Feb 2007

Wasn't Marshall supposed to take an official visit to see a game this past season? Did that ever happen?

Comment

• BobZag
      Dark Lord of the Zag
      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by LAZAGFAN11 View Post
      Wasn't Marshall supposed to take an official visit to see a game this past season? Did that ever happen?
      Never did.

Don't know why.

Comment

• NorthWestZag
        Kennel Club Material
        • Mar 2007

According to scout we have already offered a few kids from the 2009 class.

Peyton Siva (Seattle, WA) Franklin HS
        Anthony Marshall (Las Vegas, NV)
        Marshall Henderson (Hurst, TX)

2009 NEEDS to be a big recruiting year for the Zags. We are losing 4 scholies to graduation, Daye might head to the NBA, plus who knows who else decides to transfer or go pro. We need to get at least 5 solid recruits in 09. Right now we have Brock but he might trade the hardwood for the pigskin.

Also why are we not going after DeAngelo Casto from Ferris? Everyone talks about how we need a JC big, we got the WA player of the year in our own backyard. 6-8 240 and we are letting the Cougs take him. If Jeff Taylor goes to Texas (which I think we will) we should offer Casto, no question.

Comment

• Nevtelen
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by NorthWestZag View Post
          According to scout we have already offered a few kids from the 2009 class.

Peyton Siva (Seattle, WA) Franklin HS
          Anthony Marshall (Las Vegas, NV)
          Marshall Henderson (Hurst, TX)

2009 NEEDS to be a big recruiting year for the Zags. We are losing 4 scholies to graduation, Daye might head to the NBA, plus who knows who else decides to transfer or go pro. We need to get at least 5 solid recruits in 09. Right now we have Brock but he might trade the hardwood for the pigskin.

Also why are we not going after DeAngelo Casto from Ferris? Everyone talks about how we need a JC big, we got the WA player of the year in our own backyard. 6-8 240 and we are letting the Cougs take him. If Jeff Taylor goes to Texas (which I think we will) we should offer Casto, no question.
          You should check out all the Casto threads around here. There are pretty clearly decent reasons GU isn't after him.

Do agree that 09 is a big big year for recruiting. Hopefully Brock stays with bball and we get a solid big man or 2 to go with a great guard/wing.

Comment

• theothegreat21
            Professional Zag Fan
            • Feb 2007

I think of all the guard options we are looking at in 09 (Anthony Marshall, Marshall Henderson, and Jeff Reid) that Marshall is the best one out there. I remember reading in a Rivals article earlier this season that he was average nearly a triple double and he is very well known for his defense. I think this is the kind of player we should be looking at and he would be a perfect back up and change of pace from Steven in his junior and senior seasons. I really hope we can somehow get this kid in a GU uniform
            ONIONS!!!!!!

http://thekennelreport.blogspot.com/

Comment

• theothegreat21
              Professional Zag Fan
              • Feb 2007

The Las Vegas Review-Journal is Nevada's most trusted source for local news, Las Vegas sports, business news, gaming news, entertainment news and more.

Heres an article about Marshall from his junior season. Mentions his scoring and defensive abilities
              ONIONS!!!!!!

Comment

• gozagswoohoo
                Time Zone Challenged Board Greeter
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by BobZag View Post
                "I have offers from UNLV, Colorado State, Miami, Virginia, Gonzaga, Washington State and Washington," said Anthony Marshall. "My coach has been hearing some from Baylor also. Those are the main ones right now."

Smalls McGee?
                Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Comment

• ZagNative
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by LAZAGFAN11 View Post
                  It would have to be an unofficial visit. He won't be eligible for an official visit until the start of his senior year. He's still a junior.

Comment

• theothegreat21
                    Professional Zag Fan
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by BobZag View Post

Bob, I was curious if you have any idea if he will be taking a visit here anytime soon? Also do you have any idea if its first to sign between Henderson, Marshall, and Reid, or does the staff have a clear preference for one of them?
                    ONIONS!!!!!!

Comment

• gozagswoohoo
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ZagNative View Post
                      It would have to be an unofficial visit. He won't be eligible for an official visit until the start of his senior year. He's still a junior.
                      Officially...

Comment

• ZagNative
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
                        Smalls McGee?
                        You haven't been around nearly enough lately, woohoo.

Comment

• gozagswoohoo
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ZagNative View Post
                          You haven't been around nearly enough lately, woohoo.
                          It's depressing how much I have been "lurking" the last few weeks...but its been pretty busy at work lately, so all I have time for is reading a few threads here and there.

Comment

• BroncoZAG615
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by theothegreat21 View Post
                            Bob, I was curious if you have any idea if he will be taking a visit here anytime soon? Also do you have any idea if its first to sign between Henderson, Marshall, and Reid, or does the staff have a clear preference for one of them?

It seems that it will come down to the two Marshall's as of right now. By all indications we have yet to offer Jeff Reid any scholarship even though he visited. It seems that if he visited and we didn't offer than we must have cooled on him or vice versa.

Anthony Marshall does seem like an extremely talented player and the type of guard we would need in the future to complement our stable of guards once graduation hits.

Here is a snippet from the Rivals article previously mentioned for the non-subscribers. All good news for us concerning location, coach, and his overall skill set. Hope to see him here.

"Location is not important to me," he said. "Playing time is important. I don't have to start, but I want to contribute and play some significant minutes. I also want to play for a great coach."

Averaging 19 points, nine rebounds and eight assists for his 24-1 squad, Marshall is pleased with the development of his game.

"I'm playing unselfish ball and getting my teammates involved," he said. "I'm playing good defense, leading the team and improving in all areas. I want to develop into an all around combo guard who can do whatever he is called upon to do for his team."

Comment

• BobZag
                              Dark Lord of the Zag
                              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by theothegreat21 View Post
                              Coaches aren't allowed to talk about recruits. I can always offer what I think they'll do. Firstly, Gonzaga is one of Henderson's dream schools, ever since he was in grade school. Something tells me he'll be a Zag. And after watching Curry light things up, I'm all for a shooter like Henderson. Marshall has his strengths (defense) and Reid has his (size). Yes, sometimes it's first-to-sign but something tells me Henderson will be the guy. Unless the staff backs off for some unknown reason, I think Henderson will commit before summer is over.

Comment

Working...
                              X