PDA

View Full Version : Sander played Wisc, Kansas w/ broken thumb

stan
04-01-2008, 11:24 AM
Didn't know if y'all were aware of this, but Davidson's Thomas Sander (15), one of our post guys, played this last weekend with a broken thumb. He couldn't practice at all. Still hit a three vs. the Jayhawks.

I know you have an incredibly special bond with the guys on your teams over the last decade. We feel that way about our guys, too. They fought like hell against people so much bigger, faster and stronger and held their own through sheer guts and determination.

Sander (at 6-8, 220) could barely dunk. And he guarded Hansbrough, Love, Hibbert, Butch, et al and held every one of them well below their numbers.

Not here to brag on your board. Just to say we can relate to how y'all feel about the guys who brought you out of the wilderness.

SWZag
04-01-2008, 11:27 AM
Didn't he break it during the game with us? I remember him leaving the game because of a thumb injury.

Always respect the toughness and attitude of someone who plays thru such obstacles.

SWZag

MickMick
04-01-2008, 12:06 PM
I hate to get too far off the topic but......

Lovedale is a stud. Everyone talks about how Curry beat us (and he did), but Lovedale just killed us inside. He would get major minutes at Gonzaga.

kitzbuel
04-01-2008, 06:59 PM
I would love to have Lovedale. Very solid inside.

Pleasant Peninsula
04-01-2008, 08:04 PM
I thought he effed up his hand during the Gonzaga game. He was wearing something on his thumb. Still hit a three against Gonzaga, though. He also shot a crucial three with the shot clock winding down and a tie game with a minute to play. It was a shot more befitting a guy with a busted thumb. It was a brick. Unfortunately Pargo got worked for the rebound and Lovedale tossed it to Curry and....

tennis08tarheels
04-01-2008, 09:28 PM
I thought he effed up his hand during the Gonzaga game. He was wearing something on his thumb. Still hit a three against Gonzaga, though. He also shot a crucial three with the shot clock winding down and a tie game with a minute to play. It was a shot more befitting a guy with a busted thumb. It was a brick. Unfortunately Pargo got worked for the rebound and Lovedale tossed it to Curry and....

That was Max Paulhus Gosselin, not Sander.