03-30-2008, 05:34 PM
Welcome!

That's two LC Tigers.

NEC26
03-30-2008, 05:40 PM
Wow this team is going to be special!!

hondo46
03-30-2008, 06:15 PM
This team is special already, they are going to be extra special select and fun to watch.

NEC26
03-30-2008, 06:17 PM
Agreed that was what I meant

GoBulldogs
03-30-2008, 07:09 PM
I hope she gels well with the rest of the team.

Zagineer
03-30-2008, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the Great News, BZ! You made my weelkend!!

And to Katelan Redmon, Welcome home.... To ZagNation.... Where you truely belong!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Oldsport
03-31-2008, 08:07 AM
Katelan Redmon, welcome to the Lady Zags,...where you will be truly appreciated and loved.:adored:

Oldsport
03-31-2008, 10:35 AM
BobZag, this is such BIG news, do you know when GU or the family are planning on a press release?

I just know that all the other WCC teams are just as happy for the Lady Zags as we are.;)

zagco
03-31-2008, 01:00 PM
Like Zagco said, when he saw her play in Boise last fall, he was extremely impressed with her hops and apparent fluid and athletic movement. She didn't have a huge game scoring-wise, but she was one of those players that just seems to be playing at another level than the others.

BobZag
03-31-2008, 04:53 PM
BobZag, this is such BIG news, do you know when GU or the family are planning on a press release?

Not sure when that will happen, but it will happen. :)

The timing couldn't be better. Bjorklund will have just graduated when Redmon becomes eligible. Vandersloot, Bowman, Shives, Frieson, Redmon, Standish, Lorenzo.....

Very nice.

Oldsport
03-31-2008, 09:34 PM
Who can remember how Bowman and Redmon complimented each other at Lewis and Clark High School?...I remember it as an awesome combo! Now bring that picture to the college level under the development of the GU coaching staff. WoW! With the talent level we have, I see a 90 point average as common place down the road. I may be dreaming but don't pinch me! I'm having just too much fun right now.:000tens:

BobZag, when time allows, could you start a new thread discussing what Katelan will be able to do / not be able to do with the team next season, 2008-2009. Some of us may be confused with all the NCAA and WCC rules that apply to athletic transfers. Thanks in advance.:)

Angelo Roncalli
04-01-2008, 05:57 AM
Katelan will be a redshirt transfer next season.

She will receive a scholarship for the next school year.

She'll be able to work out and practice with the team and receive team benefits such as training room, etc.

She must complete a full "year in residence" (be a full-time student for 2 semesters) before she can play.

Oldsport
04-01-2008, 06:28 AM
Thanks Angelo!

Will Katelan be able to:

Set on the bench next season, during games, with the team?
Travel with the team to games out of town?
Go to any post season play as a supporter?
Participate is this years summer camp?
Participate in team social activities?

Life is good and getting better! May the Force be with us,...always!:)

Bulldog
04-01-2008, 04:59 PM
Hurray !!!!!!!!!! For Zaglady Nation!!!!!

BobZag
04-01-2008, 05:11 PM
Thanks Angelo!

Will Katelan be able to:

Set on the bench next season, during games, with the team? Yes.
Travel with the team to games out of town? Not sure.
Go to any post season play as a supporter? Yes.
Participate in this years summer camp? Not sure but I think Yes.
Participate in team social activities? Yes.

Life is good and getting better! May the Force be with us,...always!:)

See your questions. :)

Oldsport
04-03-2008, 10:57 AM
Katelan signed up for classes yesterday at Gonzaga.:)

Spokesman Review, SPORTS front page, "REDMON TRANSFERS TO GONZAGA".

Katelan is excited to be a Lady Zag!:)

Welcome aboard Katelan Redmon!:)

MickMick
04-03-2008, 11:46 AM
Wow...great news!!

Zagineer
04-13-2008, 11:46 PM
As a matter of curiosity, I visted the gohuskies.com site (not that I make a habit of going to that site!!) to see what detailed info they had available on Katelan's first year at UW. To my surprise, she isn't listed on the 2007-08 roster!?! :confused:

However, you can still go to the team stats tab and she is listed there. And you can also click on her name to get to her bio-sheet.

But why would they remove her from their 2007-08 roster? By my sequence of events, she didn't leave UW until a few days after the end of the UW 2007-08 season.

Like I said, just curious. It doesn't really matter. I'm just so happy to know that she is now a Zag. :)