PDA

View Full Version : How about Western Kentucky's heart?

johnwzag
03-27-2008, 08:13 PM
I still think they were the toughest win we had all season. That game I saw the Zags and the opponent working there hardes all season. I thought we were going to loose that game. I love the heart of wku and I am pulling for them.

johnwzag
03-27-2008, 08:14 PM
there = their

johnwzag
03-27-2008, 08:21 PM
OK, they are getting robbed a little bit too. Not as bad as Texas AM, but none the less, game changers.

johnwzag
03-27-2008, 08:37 PM
Sorry, WKU. I wil be watching you next season. Your team has heart! They played tough. I most certainly wish you were moving on.

HOOTER
03-27-2008, 08:41 PM
I'm only replying so your not the only one who's replied to your thread. ;)

CDC84
03-27-2008, 08:50 PM
UCLA looked as though they've never seen defensive pressure before. Just awful.

The Bruins better come ready to play on Saturday, because if they don't bring their "A" game, and Xavier's interior people stay out of foul trouble, the Musketeers are going to beat them. Xavier is a team that has the kind of toughness, tenacity and defensive ability to meet their challenge, and they possess more overall offensive talent than WKU.

GU69
03-27-2008, 09:04 PM
Pretty exciting game.

I missed the first half, so I don't know how Western Kentucky got in such a hole, but they didn't seem to know that they were supposed to lose. As you said . . . how about their heart?

brian_sun
03-28-2008, 01:09 AM
I am sorry, but it just seems this board hate UCLA.

How can you hate the Ben Howland team? The guy is humble. He always respects the opponent. Since he came to Westwood, he's brought toughness there, he's brought defense there over west coast offense. He's brought them to 2 final 4's and had a great chance to make it 3 in a row. He's clearly one of the best coaches in the nation, and he was a GU assistant coach way back. Maybe you hate their success, but he's been teaching his team to play the right way. There is no jerk on that team, and anybody who loves basketball must love how LOVE plays the game, how Collison runs the floor. Is it just because they took away GU's dream to the Elite 8 couple years ago, and made Adam Morrison cry? They probably had no business winning that game, but they won because they played suffocating D, and that's something a Steve Levin team would've never done. So in a way, they won that game because they played the game the right way. Even as a UW fan, I wish my team can beat them. But if my team isn't in it, I am pulling for the Bruins to go all the way to bring home their 12th banner.

NEC26
03-28-2008, 04:32 AM
Maybe its because of the way the refs gift wrap wins for them. Or possibly because their tough defense is basically a mug fest all game long. It could be the arrogant fans who love to flaunt their sweet sixteen win over us and go on and on about Adam crying. I don't know just some possibility's.

gueastcoast
03-28-2008, 05:17 AM
I love WKU's heart and our win over them looks bigger and bigger in retrospect. Go Toppers!

I do agree with the point above about UCLA -- if the team under Howland had any other name we'd all love them. I've come around, as I respect to focus on defense and the unselfishness of that team -- remarkable in light of the individual talent assembled.

RenoZag
03-28-2008, 07:10 AM
Because it's fun. I begrudgingly acknowledge their success just the way I do Duke, but I still reserve my right to loathe them.

And at the end of the day despising other teams is one of the ingredients that makes sports fun.

ZagManFan
03-28-2008, 07:29 AM

How can you hate the Ben Howland team? The guy is humble. He always respects the opponent. Since he came to Westwood, he's brought toughness there, he's brought defense there over west coast offense. He's brought them to 2 final 4's and had a great chance to make it 3 in a row. He's clearly one of the best coaches in the nation, and he was a GU assistant coach way back. Maybe you hate their success, but he's been teaching his team to play the right way. There is no jerk on that team, and anybody who loves basketball must love how LOVE plays the game, how Collison runs the floor. Is it just because they took away GU's dream to the Elite 8 couple years ago, and made Adam Morrison cry? They probably had no business winning that game, but they won because they played suffocating D, and that's something a Steve Levin team would've never done. So in a way, they won that game because they played the game the right way. Even as a UW fan, I wish my team can beat them. But if my team isn't in it, I am pulling for the Bruins to go all the way to bring home their 12th banner.

BECAUSE UCLA IS THE DUKE OF THE WEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

I felt so bad for those WKU guys last night. Tyrone played his heart out as did the rest of that team. Way to many calls that went against WKU. Let them play it out the way it was suppose to be and this game may have a different ending. None the less, I will never cheer for UCLA regardless of who their coach is. You can call it envy or whatever, I call it the arogant persona that is UCLA.

2 gift wrapped tourney wins for UCLA and they really haven't had a tough bracket so far. Xavier will eat them alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO MUSKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kitzbuel
03-28-2008, 08:16 AM

The Raiders used to play good football in the '80s. That didn't mean I still didn't hate them.

TexasZagFan
03-28-2008, 08:24 AM
My actual comment on the post:

Typical UW fan, with your gratuitous shot at Ammo...TZF

Keep rooting for UCLA. Short and long-term prospects for UW hoops don't appear to be very bright.

Tough loss in the NIT...at home...:mecry:

EngineerZag
03-28-2008, 08:26 AM
I wouldn't say that the refs won this one for UCLA. UCLA was actually in a fair bit of foul trouble and I thought the refs actually did a great job calling things evenly. There were some stretches where the calls went more one way than the other but over the course of the game I think it really evened out.

I don't particularly like UCLA either, but give them credit for finally "waking up" late in the game and hitting their free throws down the stretch.

MedZag
03-28-2008, 08:32 AM
UCLA is more Duke than Duke these days.

kitzbuel
03-28-2008, 08:37 AM
My actual comment on the post:

Keep rooting for UCLA. Short and long-term prospects for UW hoops don't appear to be very bright.

Tough loss in the NIT...at home...:mecry:
Um, TZF, UW didn't make the NIT.

CDC84
03-28-2008, 08:38 AM
For the record, my comments regarding UCLA are purely objective. I don't "hate" any basketball programs. In my view, the Bruins are not playing well right now, and are only advancing because of the competition they're facing, or in some cases, fortunate calls from referees. There is something about teams like this that bothers me....but I could really care less about the identity of the team that's getting away with it.

TexasZagFan
03-28-2008, 08:54 AM
Um, TZF, UW didn't make the NIT.

Braaaaaaapppppppppp!!! Senior moment!!! :lmao:

So exactly what tournament did they play in? The name escapes me, but from what I heard, the winner can say:

"We're Number 98!!!"

sittingon50
03-28-2008, 09:09 AM
what the Official Title of ewe dud's tourney was (something like CSI or some other TV Series) but the unofficial title was "We'll cut you a check for $60K, give a half-hearted effort @ home against lesser competition & hope we sell enough hot dogs to break even Tournament."

Zagpower
03-28-2008, 09:30 AM
It was the NJITI

The New Jersey Institute of Technology Invitational

TexasZagFan
03-28-2008, 09:34 AM
It was the NJITI

The New Jersey Institute of Technology Invitational

Brilliant!!!! :lmao:

LynetteG
03-28-2008, 12:39 PM
So exactly what tournament did they play in?

CBI

83topper
04-01-2008, 10:17 AM

Butler Guy
04-12-2008, 01:56 PM
83Topper if you see this, will you PM me?