CDC84
03-05-2007, 11:17 AM
http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=184354

ZagAddict
03-05-2007, 11:48 AM
I noticed this:

UW - 2 votes
GU - 0 votes

... come on here:confused: I don't see how anyone can realistically rank UW ahead of GU. Don't give me the PAC-10 line because UW has been lousy in the PAC-10 outside of last weekend.

I don't ever agree when people list UW as a quality (key) win for GU this season. If that's true then SCU should be listed as a quality win as well (they had as many PAC-10 road wins as UW).

Just my opinion... by this point rankings don't matter anyways. The Zags need to win tonight rather than look at any kind of ranking system.

GO ZAGS!!!

Nevtelen
03-05-2007, 12:14 PM
Good for Winthrop! Hope they can make some noise in the dance!

lothar98zag
03-05-2007, 12:29 PM
Congrats Eagles!

:clap:

sdzag
03-05-2007, 01:10 PM
ZA,

When ever a team gets a big win over a top 5 team they usually get a vote or two. That is why you saw the two votes for UW in the polls.

GPZagFan
03-05-2007, 01:15 PM
I noticed this:

UW - 2 votes
GU - 0 votes

... come on here:confused: I don't see how anyone can realistically rank UW ahead of GU. Don't give me the PAC-10 line because UW has been lousy in the PAC-10 outside of last weekend.

I don't ever agree when people list UW as a quality (key) win for GU this season. If that's true then SCU should be listed as a quality win as well (they had as many PAC-10 road wins as UW).

Just my opinion... by this point rankings don't matter anyways. The Zags need to win tonight rather than look at any kind of ranking system.

GO ZAGS!!!

Before I begin my comment, I:

-don't think UW should be receiving votes
-don't think they should have ever been ranked
-don't particularly care for them
-don't think they would beat us - even today
-do hate Romar

IMO, if we played UW tomorrow, the experience would be drastically different compared to our first meeting. Granted, you could make the case for any two teams that meet at opposite points of the year, but when you look at their schedule, the GU game was their first game that offered a challenge. Trust me, I am far from a UW fan, I hate Romar, but this is a talented team that has calloused, so to speak, since we last met. If Hawes stays, these guys can have a great team next year.

Anyhow, just trying to play Devil's advocate - Go Zags.