PDA

View Full Version : WCC golf tournament April 14, 15.....what's up?

Rangerzag
03-24-2008, 06:02 PM
Has any of you ever been to the WCC tournament?

The tournament this year is at Chamber's Bay and I am considering going. How is it to watch. I have been to other golf tournaments but not at the college level. Is the first day better than the second because the teams are all still in the running at the beginning? Is the format the same both days or does it change around like the Ryder? Is it so spread out it is hard to figure out what is actually taking place other than the view that is obvious on the particular hole you are watching at any particular time??

Anyone else thinking about going??

ref:

http://www.guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?t=10077

http://gozags.cstv.com/sports/w-golf/spec-rel/022208aaa.html

YetiHater
04-05-2008, 05:50 PM
College tournaments are the best 4 scores out of the 5 players per round. I'm pretty sure it is 3 rounds with 36 holes on first day and 18 on the second day. The best day to go is probably the second day (3rd round) because the group are set up with the top 4 teams are grouped together, but the first day they are playing twice as much golf. So the lowest score for the team in the lead will play with the lowest score for the 2nd place team, 3rd, etc.

I hope that made sense.

Rubbadub
04-05-2008, 08:55 PM
Why do you hate yetis? What did they ever do to you?

Rangerzag
04-12-2008, 09:15 AM
College tournaments are the best 4 scores out of the 5 players per round. I'm pretty sure it is 3 rounds with 36 holes on first day and 18 on the second day. The best day to go is probably the second day (3rd round) because the group are set up with the top 4 teams are grouped together, but the first day they are playing twice as much golf. So the lowest score for the team in the lead will play with the lowest score for the 2nd place team, 3rd, etc.

I hope that made sense.

According to Oliver in the athletics office the first day is thirty six holes and eighteen holes the second. Both days first tee time is 7:30 am.