PDA

View Full Version : ----GUnit of the Game---- (San Diego)

gozagswoohoo
03-05-2007, 06:51 AM
I really enjoyed this game. I love how the zags can just "go off" for 10 points in about 90 seconds. Those runs are unbelievable.

GUnit- I'm a little torn here, I was originally going to say Micah, just because he did it on offense AND defense. Has some blocks, atleast a steal or two, grabbed a bunch of boards, and did some scoring. But jeez, Pendo....he didn't even give USD a CHANCE to creep back in. He was droppin bombs on yer moms, as my friend would say. PENDO IS MY GUnit!

But great game all around, and I could hand out honorable mentions to atleast 3-4 guys.

GonzagaLove
03-05-2007, 07:10 AM
PENDO!! That guy has stepped up his game and carried us on his back. True blue Zag. The rest of the team has been fantastic, too. One more game to go! GO ZAGS!

J-Lo
03-05-2007, 07:21 AM
I've always loved Pendo, and I think it's a little unfair to say he's "stepped up his game."

His game has always been there, but he's been a role player in the past. He's certainly "stepped up" in the sense that he's moved into a prominent role on the team, and filled in gaps that have been left by injury and mary jane, and for that I'm really thankful.

The guy was a great scorer in high school, and I'm thrilled that he's having the opportunity to showcase those skills now. :)

GonzagaLove
03-05-2007, 07:29 AM
So....he stepped up. Right.

former1dog
03-05-2007, 07:29 AM
Will Foster!

Why? Why not. :)

(Honorable mention, Pendo, With additonal kudo's to the whole dang team!)

kdaleb
03-05-2007, 07:53 AM
You've got to go with Big Red.

But honorable mention to Will Foster for stepping up when needed and to Jeremy Pargo for playing through a pretty painful contusion.

mtzaga
03-05-2007, 07:58 AM
Pendo. HM to Kuso.

Lurknomore
03-05-2007, 08:13 AM
Pendo Rocks!!!!

JLGutrocks
03-05-2007, 08:15 AM
Pendo is the man! I was beside myself, though, when Few put Willy in for prime minutes in the first half...and he nutted up.

Free Willy.

Ziggy
03-05-2007, 08:20 AM
Ditto. Pendo !

pdxzagfan
03-05-2007, 08:22 AM
Pendo...but the whole team is also pretty deserving. I turned on the tv last night (have been down and out with the flu this weekend, otherwise I would have been at the game) and saw that Pendo had 22 points! I was like...what the ??? did I miss? Good thing I recorded it!

Nevtelen
03-05-2007, 08:27 AM
Pendo was our star last night, that's for sure. To paraphrase James Brown, Pendo was the hardest working man in basketball!

Honorable mention to Foster for really giving quality minutes when we needed them. He's maybe not quite there yet, but that shot was smoooooth. Give him another year and he might be pretty good.

Birddog
03-05-2007, 08:48 AM
When Foster was in the game, every time USD started to take a shot they did a double take of big Will with his arms extended and about half the time they aborted their plan. He altered the game in a significant manner, albeit for only about 5 mins while GU made a run.

Birddog

LongIslandZagFan
03-05-2007, 08:53 AM
Pendo! Pendo! Pendo!

zaglawdad
03-05-2007, 09:02 AM
PENDO for sure!!! I haven't seen him shoot like that since his high school days. My runners up are Kuso, Mallon, and Downs. They each pulled in 10 boards. Twelve of those were offensive rebounds. That's a lot of second chance opportunities.

UberZagFan
03-05-2007, 09:46 AM
Pendo. HM to Kuso.

Agreed. I'm surprised there is not more love for Kuso on this thread.

gamagin
03-05-2007, 09:52 AM
I'm surprised there is not more love for Kuso on this thread.

--
excellent observation. I couldn't agree more.

His banging, persistence and aggressiveness is THE reason the rest of our game has developed. He is the most important player we have underneath and he labors like no other in or near his space to keep his space.

I don't think JH could carry his jockstrap in a real fight. But if JH studies AK, he could one day. I hope he does.

zag69
03-05-2007, 09:54 AM
I had to listen to the game on streaming audio, and I have to say it sounded like a home game....honorable mention to the Zag fans at the game last night for supporting the team so vocally. Even before the announcers described the action taking place I could tell if GU had made a good play just from the cheering.

TheZagPhish
03-05-2007, 09:55 AM
I'm surprised there is not more love for Kuso on this thread.

Kuso gets some serious love here! Double double? Thank you, Kuso, may I have another?

And Pendo.... Oh man.

alaskazagnut
03-05-2007, 10:03 AM
His three's stabbed them in the heart at the perfect time. He had his best carreer game!!!!!!! Pendo is the MVP "G-unit"of that game.

bigblahla
03-05-2007, 10:09 AM
Pendo, Encore!

Go!! Zags!!!

Bowser
03-05-2007, 10:38 AM
I gotta give it up for the Brewster Rooster.

Your Pal,

Bowser

Birddog
03-05-2007, 11:16 AM
Brewster Rooster.

Good one Bowser! You could have been an SID or an addman or some other reputable professional.

Birddog

Bowser
03-05-2007, 01:18 PM
Reputable Profession?

I will have you know, sir, that insurance is a reputable profession and has been so considered for centuries. That was until the scurrilous Woody Allen thought it oh so funny to take a cinematic shot at the men [and now women]that make America great. No fair saying that solitary confinement consists of conversing in a locked room with an insurance man and being educated on the differences between whole life and level premium term insurance. A pox on his house! And his adopted daughters!!

Underwrite this, Sir!

Your Pal,

Bowser

gozagswoohoo
03-05-2007, 02:20 PM
Are you in insurance Bowser? I am too. Hey, do you need any Life Insurance?

Bowser
03-05-2007, 03:00 PM
WhoHoo:

I am "in" insurance only in a way that would make you happy well into your retirement or until you sell your book of business.

My wife keeps telling me I can never have enough life insurance. I keep telling her that I am uninsurable, well, at least for a reasonable premium.

I told her that I would buy a modest non-smoker term policy if she would learn to make coffee. The coffee she makes tastes funny. It's like I'm licking a piece of metal. She keeps giving me skydiving package birthday gifts too. I keep telling her a book would be just fine.

Your Pal,

Bowser