PDA

View Full Version : Ups and Downs

Zaghuatanejo
03-23-2008, 09:02 AM
Ups:
Next year looks like it could be big...on paper. Team really needs to come together this summer as a single unit and prove to everyone what we know they are capable of doing. I think the pressure is on our backcourt. They must be willing to work the game inside as well as out. Then, if our bigs don't produce, there's no excuses. Matt B needs to shake this game off. Hope he can. Pargo's numbers were good but his execution from the point guard position was non-effective and stale. Working together on a solid pick&roll and high/low offense with Heytvelt and Sacre will open up the game more for everyone else. In addition, if we can get our bigs to run the floor, our offense is capable of putting up big numbers this year, with the defense remaining solid in the process.

Downs:
What is the definitive reason for Downs not playing in the second half? I looked (albeit not that hard) for an explanation from Few and couldn't find one. Can someone enlighten me as to why he was riding pine.

FuManShoes
03-24-2008, 10:34 AM
Ups:
Downs:
What is the definitive reason for Downs not playing in the second half? I looked (albeit not that hard) for an explanation from Few and couldn't find one. Can someone enlighten me as to why he was riding pine.

bump. does anyone know why micah saw only 7 minutes against davidson? thanks

zag944
03-24-2008, 10:45 AM
Downs more or less seemed like the odd man out of the lineup all season. I may not agree this was the right selection, but it has to be somebody when there isn't enough minutes to go around.

While I think that Downs is a better defender than most of the guys that took a try on Curry, I'm reluctant to think we win the game with him in instead. The things Curry was doing off the ball were almost as impressive as his shooting. Reggie Miller-esque. Anyone chasing him around the court was running into a few Davidson bodies, and Curry was hitting the shots he took with a hand in his face anyways.

FuManShoes
03-24-2008, 11:08 AM
I agree that the game wasn't lost because Downs was on the bench (I point to the numerous TOs on inbounds plays and the lost o-boards as the x-factor). But it is interesting that Micah played so little given his usual minutes. Barring injury, I think that shows that Few does mix things up, for better or worse, and perhaps answers some of those critics who call Few predictable/inflexible.

zzzjag
03-24-2008, 02:04 PM
Downs:

I feel that this is the most pressing question I would like answered myself. I don't see how it changes next year with the high level of minutes spread across Pargo, Matt and Gray. I want to see Matt play at the 2 but not at the expense of Gray's potentially hot hand. Micah at the 2-3 would be ideal but at this point he may be an option at the 4 spot.

This brings another (3 year) dilemma back up...will Sacre play the 5 along side Josh at the 4? I was hoping to see Kuso and Josh play together all season.