PDA

View Full Version : Cougs beat the Irish

zagsrelite
03-22-2008, 05:35 PM
Cougs are on their way to the Sweet 16. I don't think they have a chance in the world at beating North Carolina!

Have they past us in Elite status?

johnwzag
03-22-2008, 05:42 PM
I don't think we could have beat UNC this year. But, you never know with the Cougs. Hey look at me, my brackets sucked but I only 21 places from $10,000. Ha Ha like that will happen.

Current Points: 35
Current Rank: 21
Current Percentile: 97%

johnwzag
03-22-2008, 05:43 PM
CBS Sports 796. Wow, I had a rank of 21,000 yesterday.

GU32
03-22-2008, 05:47 PM
Congrats cougs good luck in the sweet sixteen.

"Have they past us in Elite status?"

Stupid question... Lets just worry about the Zags. Gonzaga has a very strong program the Cougs are building on something special. Lets not create any conflict between two friendly programs.

kyle dixon
03-22-2008, 05:52 PM
If the Cougs win, lose or draw. I congratulate them on their win and moving on to the Sweet 16 as they definitely have some good senior leadership. After they lose to Carolina next week, they will play next year without Cowgill, Low, and Weaver and see what the NIT looks like.

The worst part about this week is the amount of Zags in my office who then go downtown, buy a Cougar sweatshirt and act like they have been supporting the Cougs for years. Give me a break. I have already heard people say "now that the Zags are out, I got to go root for the Cougs." Sorry for my soap box, but I am a Zag 100% and still a little hurt about yesterday.:(

johnwzag
03-22-2008, 06:09 PM
Not me, I only live 8 miles from WSU, have friends who love WSU and work for WSU. I am not a WSU fan still. I do not wish them badly though, I hope they go far this year because Gonzaga is gonna be eaten-em for breakfast for the next ten years again. Watching them play and we somehow only lost by 3 makes me think the zags are better than what happened, just got a bad draw.

kjstoph1
03-22-2008, 06:13 PM
Cougs are on their way to the Sweet 16. I don't think they have a chance in the world at beating North Carolina!

Who'd have thought Notre Dame would be held to half their scoring average either?

BennettBall is gonna frustrate the hell out of the Tar Heels who want to run, run, run.

Nothing is impossible in the tourney.

Zags of all people should know this....

Unless they just became fans in the past 3 years or so for business purposes.

kjstoph1
03-22-2008, 06:15 PM
Not me, I only live 8 miles from WSU, have friends who love WSU and work for WSU. I am not a WSU fan still. I do not wish them badly though, I hope they go far this year because Gonzaga is gonna be eaten-em for breakfast for the next ten years again. Watching them play and we somehow only lost by 3 makes me think the zags are better than what happened, just got a bad draw.

Clearly - you haven't been following recruiting much.

Tony is reloading.

johnwzag
03-22-2008, 06:28 PM
No, But............. Are there Seniors coming in? Gonzaga has Gems being polished.

cbbfanatic
03-22-2008, 07:30 PM
Clearly - you haven't been following recruiting much.

Tony is reloading.

clearly you dont follow it much either... 5 3star guys isnt exactly what most would consider to be "reloading"... not at a pac ten level anyway

cougars will be fortunate to make the NIT next yr. their biggest hope is that all the young talent in the pac 10 makes the jump to the nba.

CougFan05
03-23-2008, 12:40 AM
Please...Klay Thompson and Michael Harthun are top 100 recruits, so Tony is reloading. We are getting more athletic and talented. Also, don't be surprised if we sign another player this spring that is a top ranked player.

So if you think that WSU is going to fade away next year, think again.

Also, have you seen how bad the ACC is. Duke was almost outsted by Belmont and beat by the Big East 5th place team. Their third place team got bounced by a 12 seed and Miami is going to get rolled by Texas.

I think N.C. is vunerable, they can't play D, hence giving up like 80 points to Mt. St. Mary's and our defense who was told today that they have no chance slowing down the high power Irish will give Roy and Co. fits.

Anything can happen in March. How many people gave San Diego a shot to beat UCONN?

VanZagar
03-23-2008, 06:47 AM
clearly you dont follow it much either... 5 3star guys isnt exactly what most would consider to be "reloading"... not at a pac ten level anyway

cougars will be fortunate to make the NIT next yr. their biggest hope is that all the young talent in the pac 10 makes the jump to the nba.

Were any of this year's Coogs 3 star players when they arrived. I'm sure Weaver and Cowgill werren't.

Yes a lot of Pac 10 talent will be leaving after this year.

kjstoph1
03-23-2008, 07:14 AM
Were any of this year's Coogs 3 star players when they arrived. I'm sure Weaver and Cowgill werren't.

Yes a lot of Pac 10 talent will be leaving after this year.

Weaver wasn't even evaluated. He had one other D-1 offer from Bradley.

Low was a 3-star recruit and POY in Hawaii.

Chris Henry was actually near as big of a 'get' as Low at the time (out of Mater Dei in LA) but injuries have just killed his career. Which is too bad because one more big body on this squad could make them extremely dangerous.

kjstoph1
03-23-2008, 07:17 AM

Tony recruited this bunch that had all of Derek Low as a 'star' recruit. His next class includes 3 top 100 recruits - and 6'11" Fabian Boeke will be eligible next season as well.

Again, Zags of all people should understand the building of a program. The next 'wave' of recruits are more highly regarded than the first.

Unless, of course, you're a Hayak Club zealot whose GU history goes all the way back to when K2 opened.

bartruff1
03-23-2008, 08:31 AM

Have they past us in Elite status? I think they will beat NC easy but then, I thought Gonzaga would be Davidson easy !!! I like the fact that they have a starting 5 that plays together and makes so few mistakes. I like the way they pass the ball and only dribble with a purpose.