PDA

View Full Version : Next Year-Jeremy To Josh Or BUST

LoCoFan
03-22-2008, 11:19 AM
My mind is filled with images of Josh with his big mitt in the air, waiting for the quick feed. Maybe there wasn't enough time to improve on that this year. So let's just leave it at that!

If we're gonna succeed next year ... Josh needs the ball and often!

More than any other fan base, a Zag fan knows the symbiosis of Big Man and Sharpshooter. Our inside threat always opened up the guards play.

Davidson didn't shut down our inside game. How could they? Josh sent one of theirs to the bench with four fouls. Did we capitalize? We keep scoring inside and their Stephen Curry is a non problem even with 40 points.

Jeremy and Josh (And Rob and Will) will need to perfect this.

Early in, pound the board, draw a foul or open a lane.

Let's be honest. We have a ridiculous team when it comes to scoring. Short of the freshman learning curve, I forsee the dialog on this board about how our deep bench ran the P*## out of every team we played. And how "everyone" scored as opposed to who didn't play or who played crappy or who got dissed etc. etc.

That's the Zag mentality. Draw the fouls inside, go to the line. They'll think twice before throwing their body in front of Jeremy for the phantom charging call.

Sticky hands....break a backboard!
Thanks Zags for a great year!

jim77
03-22-2008, 11:41 AM
My mind is filled with images of Josh with his big mitt in the air, waiting for the quick feed. Maybe there wasn't enough time to improve on that this year. So let's just leave it at that!

More than any other fan base, a Zag fan knows the symbiosis of Big Man and Sharpshooter. Our inside threat always opened up the guards play.

Davidson didn't shut down our inside game. How could they? Josh sent one of theirs to the bench with four fouls. Did we capitalize? We keep scoring inside and their Stephen Curry is a non problem even with 40 points.

Jeremy and Josh (And Rob and Will) will need to perfect this.

We really have a great bunch of talented players....we are really close. Hang in their fellas and keep working at it.

Early in, pound the board, draw a foul or open a lane.

Let's be honest. We have a ridiculous team when it comes to scoring. Short of the freshman learning curve, I forsee the dialog on this board about how our deep bench ran the P*## out of every team we played. And how "everyone" scored as opposed to who didn't play or who played crappy or who got dissed etc. etc.

That's the Zag mentality. Draw the fouls inside, go to the line. They'll think twice before throwing their body in front of Jeremy for the phantom charging call.

Sticky hands....break a backboard!
Thanks Zags for a great year!

This is exactly what needs to happen.

We shoot way to may 3's.....our inside threat was virtually non-existant. Guess thats what happens when you're main guy is hurt. I suspect we will pound the ball inside more next year...a lot more.

I hope Josh doesn't put any more weight on....he's good right where he is. I thing Rob could put a few pounds on though. Rob will really be the key(development) guy I think...he and Josh will make a great pair. They'll take a lot of pressure off of jeremy.

cbbfanatic
03-22-2008, 12:11 PM
More than any other fan base, a Zag fan knows the symbiosis of Big Man and Sharpshooter.

i hope this isnt serious...

LoCoFan
03-22-2008, 01:36 PM
i hope this isnt serious...
Forgive the hyperbole and the Zag Fan assumption.

I've always been a tree fan. Ronny/J.P. And have always thought they opened up the perimeter.

Unbiased
03-22-2008, 02:50 PM

During the last FIVE minutes of the game Josh got zero touches. Not only that there was not even one look toward him. Check it out.

So unless Gonzaga decides to change philosophy I doubt that it will make a difference next year. What a shame really - he could have been a force - for whatever reason it wasn't meant to be.

bartruff1
03-22-2008, 03:47 PM
During the last FIVE minutes of the game Josh got zero touches. Not only that there was not even one look toward him. Check it out.

So unless Gonzaga decides to change philosophy I doubt that it will make a difference next year. What a shame really - he could have been a force - for whatever reason it wasn't meant to be. I can't pretend to know why but it seems to me they pretty much ignored Josh and I thought he played pretty well. I think he would be foolish to comeback and spend another year if he isn't going to play or isn't going to get the ball.

ZagFanatic
03-22-2008, 04:19 PM
This too is something I've noticed all year and am a little bemused at, especially considering we used to pound the ball in low a lot more with Ronny and JP in the mix. It'd be great to have that inside/outside balance again.