• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zagster318
    Kennel Club Alum
    • Feb 2007

Pargo is good to go

I am paraphrasing here, but Pargo said that he is playing, even if he's injured. Quite a warrior, that one.
    Last edited by zagster318; 03-05-2007, 10:09 AM.
    "Fall is my favorite season in Los Angeles, watching the birds change color and fall from the trees."- David Letterman
  • CDC84
    Super Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Re:

The Zags will have tons of time to rest and heal after tomorrow night. You'd have to cut off Jeremy's limbs to keep him from playing....and even that might not work.

Comment

Pargo is good to go!!

Zagster318 said, "Quite a warrior, that one." I couldn't agree more....The Ninja Warriors are getting ready for War in Portland.

Comment

• JAGzag
        Zag for Life
        • Mar 2007

Status of injury?

Does any one have insight into his "injury"? While it didn't seem to hamper his ability to play, he was limping noticeably. Was it a thigh injury? Bruised muscle? If so, he'll be pretty sore today.

Comment

• RenoZag
          Super Moderator
          • Feb 2007

JAGZag, the quotes from Few in the funny papers say it is a contusion.
          The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• Birddog
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

IT'S A CONTUSION! Crap, I thought it was just a bruise. I guess I should look at the bright side, at least they're not calling it a hematoma or a dreaded ecchymosis.

Birddog
            Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
            Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
            All mimsy were the borogoves,
            And the mome raths outgrabe.

Comment

• wazZag
              Professional Zag Fan
              • Feb 2007

Glad to hear he's GTG tonight, we'll need strong guard play.
              FOO!

Comment

• tyra
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

But will it impact his play?

There never was a question as to whether Jeremy would play tonight. If he could walk, he would play. The question is whether this deep thigh bruise will affect his play. Jeremy is a warrior but we need his A game tonight.

Comment

• BobZag
                  Dark Lord of the Zag
                  • Jan 2007

Yes it will affect his play. A thigh bruise is unlike any other. The quad muscle is huge. When it is bruised from a knee jabbing into it, you can't hardly walk without that muscle-bruise shaking, and everytime it shakes it hurts big time. This injury sidelines NFL players for weeks. Shaq was useless two years ago because of a thigh bruise. Try stretching it and, youch.

Pargo will be lucky to play tonight, and even if he does, he'll be 50% at best.

The Zags are in a bit of trouble now.
                  The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• RenoZag
                    Super Moderator
                    • Feb 2007

Derek & Matt will have to run the point most of the time and PMAC will need to provide some key relief minutes as well.
                    The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• wazZag
                      Professional Zag Fan
                      • Feb 2007

Pargo is great at dribble penetration, but after last night I'd like to see MB get some minutes at the point in light of Pargo's injury.
                      FOO!

Comment

• madness
                        Bleeds GU Blue
                        • Feb 2007

I noticed Pargo winced heavily at the simple movement of crouching (knee bending) before shooting free throws and was then short on his shot. I've had all types of charlie horses, thigh contusion, pulled hammy, torn ankle ligament and I can honestly say the thigh contusion never truly goes away during a game...every time you squat or jump it's there.

When Jeremy tried to dunk after drawing the foul he was noticeably short, but he just needs to understand that he can change his game...still drive, but dish...no jumpers...dish the ball before you draw contact. He will still be the warrior, but more of smoke and mirrors until his thigh heals.
                        You're Scotch man! Time to get pissed.
                        http://twitter.com/smmclean/zags

Comment

• zaguarxj
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

It looked to me like the refs were picking on Pargo last night. He's a strong guy, and he got knocked down several times with no foul call. Then, he gets in perfect position to draw a charge, and they call him for blocking instead. All I could think of is he must have said something to the refs after the first no-call, when he was mugged and got the bruise...

Comment

• zag69
                            Kennel Club Material
                            • Feb 2007

They'll just need to take more advantage of Coach Few's improvisational skills until Pargo's injury heals. It's one thing Coach is very very good at doing, like using Will last night.

Good luck to the Zags tonight...I would love to see both Men's and Women's teams be conference tourney champions!

Comment

• john montana
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

playing with a bruise on the thigh is brutal. i hope we can get some good minutes from pargo, but pmac better be ready to go.
                              john montana
                              http://carponthefly.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X