PDA

View Full Version : inbounds pass etc.

jonesz
03-21-2008, 10:20 PM
Why do we have such a hard time throwing the ball in on a out of bounds possession?? Pargo was terrible today and Michah has his moments. I remember this same problem last year when Boulding would just hold the ball......very frustrating. Do we not set good enough screens to get guys open??

I thought the turning point today when Pargo jacked up that three early in the shot clock and we couldn't secure the rebound and then Curry with the dagger.

Learn from this and move on.

One more question:Should all three of the incoming recruits redshirt if everyone comes back?? I don't see a lot of minutes for them next year.

Damn

jonesz
03-21-2008, 10:22 PM
sorry, Matt usually takes the ball out.......not michah

MickMick
03-21-2008, 10:33 PM
Austin Daye really needs to inbound the ball for us. Matt did not look comfortable inbounding the ball today.

CDC84
03-21-2008, 10:44 PM
One more question:Should all three of the incoming recruits redshirt if everyone comes back?? I don't see a lot of minutes for them next year

I doubt you will see all three redshirt. For one thing, the Zags could have used Demetri Goodson on this year's team. They need another guard that can handle the ball well and guard the point of attack. Pargo needs a proper sub.

ebayzagfan
03-21-2008, 10:50 PM
One more question:Should all three of the incoming recruits redshirt if everyone comes back?? I don't see a lot of minutes for them next year.

My own guess is we are going to see some players not come back. I don't want to name names, but there is going to be some fallout. I don't have any inside scoop, just impressions formed over the course of a season that left me with many unanswered questions. Nothing would surprise me at this point...

krozman
03-21-2008, 11:12 PM
[QUOTE=ebayzagfan;192540]I don't want to name names, but there is going to be some fallout. I don't have any inside scoop, just impressions formed over the course of a season that left me with many unanswered questions. QUOTE]

Spoken like a true doubter with an entire offseason of paranoia to deal with. Be a fan and use basketball pride to ennoble your life, not get people guessing on who should quit/be fired, etc.

ebayzagfan
03-21-2008, 11:21 PM
Spoken like a true doubter with an entire offseason of paranoia to deal with. Be a fan and use basketball pride to ennoble your life, not get people guessing on who should quit/be fired, etc.

OK, let's not guess. I would not be surprised to see Larry G and/or Ira Brown leave the program. No one will be fired, nor should they be. The program isn't broken, Few is great, and yes, I have doubts as to why this season ended the way it did. Judging by about 75% of today's posts, I am hardly alone in that sentiment.

davcat37
03-22-2008, 06:58 AM
Inounds defense is something that we are very good at and we usuall get 1-2 5 second violations a game. Pressuring the inbounds passer is something that Max (#14) is very good at.

zagcheer78
03-22-2008, 07:21 AM
Being at the game, we could see Davidsons defense was on a mission. It wasn't that our guys were not breaking and trying to get free it was the defense was glued to them. Give credit where credit is due.