PDA

View Full Version : Why I am still frustrated

zagsfanforlife
03-21-2008, 09:03 PM
I am still frustrated because I looked at this years team and I saw nothing but talent. A little inexperience but geesh did we have talent. We had 4-5 guys who could legitimately be drafted by the end of their careers (Pargo, Heytfelt, Daye, Downs, Bouldin), we had depth, size, and athleticism. We could have gone 9-10 deep if we wanted to, and we have one of the most regarded coaches in college basketball (despite what many posters on this board feel). And yet, we are out after Round 1. If you dont have the talent and you get beat by better players and a better team then so be it. But when you lose to a team with far less talent, far less athleticism, and less depth, it is very hard to understand and explain.

HOOTER
03-21-2008, 09:10 PM
Don't expect that frustration to wear off any time soon. This one will hurt for a while. I can't imagine what the team is going through right now. There's alot of things about this season that don't make much sense right now. Hopefully lessons will be learned and the necessary changes will be made in preparation for next season.

kclubfounder
03-21-2008, 09:18 PM
The tournament is about matchups. Relax. We got hit with a bad matchup. A very good team with a very good player who had a fantastic game (maybe the best game he will ever play) - and they play a difficult and different style. It happens to the best of teams. We deserved a 7 seed. We didn't deserve to play a "10" who is really a "7" in their backyard on the opposite side of the country. It was the perfect storm. It happens.

zagsfanforlife
03-21-2008, 09:24 PM
The tournament is about matchups. Relax. We got hit with a bad matchup. A very good team with a very good player who had a fantastic game (maybe the best game he will ever play) - and they play a difficult and different style. It happens to the best of teams. We deserved a 7 seed. We didn't deserve to play a "10" who is really a "7" in their backyard on the opposite side of the country. It was the perfect storm. It happens.

You really think a team with the talent and potential the Zags had should get beat by 1 player? Really????? And dont tell me about the traveling factor. Most tournament teams have to travel. And finally, When a team with our talent has an 11 point lead in the second half, there should be no way we let them back in.

Ezag
03-21-2008, 09:27 PM
I am not sure about the talent thing anymore. Sure we got talent but those guys with talent are constantly getting out played by players on teams with so called "lesser talent".

Talented Yes, but maybe not as talented as we see them in our dreams

kclubfounder
03-21-2008, 09:43 PM
Zagsfan,

"Most tournament teams have to travel". That is right Einstein. But our opponent did not have to travel. Hello? That was the point. If we both traveled then it wouldn't have been worth mentioning.

And you must be brand new to watching college basketball so I should cut you some slack, because otherwise you NEVER would have said that an 11 point lead should mean the game is over.

zagsfanforlife
03-21-2008, 10:01 PM
Zagsfan,

"Most tournament teams have to travel". That is right Einstein. But our opponent did not have to travel. Hello? That was the point. If we both traveled then it wouldn't have been worth mentioning.

And you must be brand new to watching college basketball so I should cut you some slack, because otherwise you NEVER would have said that an 11 point lead should mean the game is over.

haha me new to watching college basketball is laughable. I forgot more about college basketball than you have learned son. You are talking to the wrong person. And I never said an 11 point lead means the game is over EINSTEIN. I said a good talented team needs to put the game away when it is at eleven points, close the game. By letting a team back in it that is playing on a practically home floor, that is setting your team up for failure. We needed to close it out. But get out of here with your I dont watch college basketball crap. Before you start attacking someone, make sense with your post eh?

kclubfounder
03-21-2008, 10:06 PM
You love to dish it out, but you sure have a hard time taking it. I'm sure you do watch a lot of Bball. It just doesn't show in your posts.

zagsfanforlife
03-21-2008, 10:10 PM
haha. Kclub. the posts i have seen from you lately have just been wanting to argue with people. Show me one of my posts where I have showed a lack of basketball knowledge. And your 11 point argument is way far off as I was stating that a good team puts a team away when they are up 11. When you let a team back in it, especially when they are in their home state, that gives them momentum and allows them opportunities to win. You show me no basketball knowledge, only a willingness to argue with people.

bartruff1
03-22-2008, 05:44 AM
They play as a team and that is their offense and they accept their roles and have great chemistry as a team. I thought we had a great season and played a very good game. Mark said it best, we get THAT REBOUND and things might have been different. It would have been better if we had made some key free throws...There were a lot better teams that lost even bigger leads...hey this is march madness and I hope they always let the little guys in, it is a lot more interesting than the top 65. Congratulations to the Zags.

gprep survivor
03-22-2008, 06:07 AM
We had 4-5 guys who could legitimately be drafted by the end of their careers (Pargo, Heytfelt, Daye, Downs, Bouldin), we had depth, size, and athleticism.

GU has 5 future NBA guys and they can't win the WCC, are a 7 seed and lose to a team with 1 future NBA guy..... you have been taking mushrooms with the GU players.

Heyfelt will get drafted 2/3rd round and Pargo will be a late draft who probably end up playing overseas.

zagsfanforlife
03-22-2008, 03:50 PM
GU has 5 future NBA guys and they can't win the WCC, are a 7 seed and lose to a team with 1 future NBA guy..... you have been taking mushrooms with the GU players.

Heyfelt will get drafted 2/3rd round and Pargo will be a late draft who probably end up playing overseas.

Are you kidding me? You dont believe Daye will be drafted??? You dont think Pargo will be an early 2nd round draft pic or late first round? He is a 6'2 point guard who can score, dish, and is strong. No way this kid does not make an NBA team if he stays in school. And if Josh gets his act together, starts working hard, he is easily a Late first round, 2nd round draft pick. The NBA drafts on potential. And Bouldin is still a sophomore, will be a junior next year. He is a 6'5 shooting guard who can shoot, pass, post up. He will improve. I guarentee he will be drafted, at least in the second round. He has two years to improve. And as for Downs, once again, 6'8 shooting guards do not grow on trees. He just needs more pt to show his strengths.
As for you prep bander, in relation to posts on this board, I am the lottery pick and you are the undrafted prospect. Keep trying though. Youre posts arent making much sense.

zagco
03-22-2008, 04:02 PM
Zagco let himself pay too much attention to the recruiting stars and accolodes and claims by many that some of our players were lottery picks. He clearly needs to readjust his expectations, because what he actually sees falls far short of those lofty predictions and evaluations. Not every 5 and 4 star player plays up to it in college. We wouldn't be the first ones to suffer that happening, after all.

BobZag
03-22-2008, 04:14 PM
I am still frustrated because I looked at this years team and I saw nothing but talent. A little inexperience but geesh did we have talent. We had 4-5 guys who could legitimately be drafted by the end of their careers (Pargo, Heytfelt, Daye, Downs, Bouldin), we had depth, size, and athleticism. We could have gone 9-10 deep if we wanted to, and we have one of the most regarded coaches in college basketball (despite what many posters on this board feel). And yet, we are out after Round 1.

Can't disagree. It truly is madness.

kclubfounder
03-22-2008, 04:17 PM
Zagsfan,

You politely asked for me to show you one example of your lack of basketball knowledge in one post. This stream is exhibit "A" my fellow Gonzaga fan.
I admire your passion. However, your basketball knowledge, despite how many games you watch, appears to be lacking.

This stream is probably the one and only example so I am not going to spend the time searching your other posts in an effort to embarrass you. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and state that you have never shown a lack of basketball knowledge other than in this stream.

GO ZAGS!!!!!!!

zagsfanforlife
03-22-2008, 04:39 PM
Zagsfan,

You politely asked for me to show you one example of your lack of basketball knowledge in one post. This stream is exhibit "A" my fellow Gonzaga fan.
I admire your passion. However, your basketball knowledge, despite how many games you watch, appears to be lacking.

This stream is probably the one and only example so I am not going to spend the time searching your other posts in an effort to embarrass you. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and state that you have never shown a lack of basketball knowledge other than in this stream.

GO ZAGS!!!!!!!

And yet you still provide no sepcific example of how I show a lack of basketball knowledge. Which player mentioned in this stream does not have the POTENTIAL to get drafted?? You sound like the one with the lack of knowledge. Do you ever watch the draft at all??? Potential, potential, potential. And fyi I am personally one of the youngest CIF HIgh School head basketball coaches in Los Angeles. So if I lack basketball knowledge, I guess my athletic director should be fired.

kclubfounder
03-22-2008, 05:25 PM
Ahhh. Now I get it. Thanks for the personal bio. You are clearly the man.

zagsfanforlife
03-22-2008, 05:56 PM
Ahhh. Now I get it. Thanks for the personal bio. You are clearly the man.

I knew you would agree with me

kclubfounder
03-23-2008, 01:46 PM
Yo! Zagfan! Did you happen to watch the other GU take on Davidson? A 17 point lead in the 2nd half goes for not. Pretty darn amazing, wasn't it? I guess maybe Georgetown isn't "talented" like Gonzaga so it is understandable.