PDA

View Full Version : I'm rooting for Santa Clara

rawkmandale
03-04-2007, 08:18 PM
I'm not certain why, but I am.

GU69
03-04-2007, 08:34 PM
I'm not sure which team I want to win, but I'd like to see triple overtime so that whichever team wins wears itself out.

rawkmandale
03-04-2007, 08:49 PM
SC 33
St. Mary's 28

halftime

Baldwinzag
03-04-2007, 08:50 PM
Based solely on match-ups and speaking of SCU's size in the post, I'd rather face St. Mary's (CA) in the Championship game. Although Both of these teams have beaten us this season, I believe we match up better with SMC. Since losing Heytvelt, we've done a great job countering our height deficiency with our uptempo and versatile 4 guard/forwad play. However, I'm still not comfortable facing SCU's towering post-oriented offense. Plus, with Pargo's thigh bruise, our post play will become a critical part of our offensive flow. SCU is just too big in the paint to post-up guys like Bouldin, Downs, or a gimpy Mallon. So I say, GO GAELS!

ZagPhD
03-04-2007, 08:58 PM
I'm with Baldwin Zag. I think we match up much better with SMC. Either way, we're clicking on all cylinders right now and I don't think either SMC or Santa Clara could knock us off if the team that whooped San Diego shows up tomorrow night.

Go Zags!

rawkmandale
03-04-2007, 09:07 PM
39-28 Santa Clara - killing St. Mary's, with Big Bryant doing a lot of damage.

sittingon50
03-04-2007, 09:24 PM
I too prefer the SMC match-ups & also have them playing their 3rd game in 3 nights ala USD, who didn't have much energy tonight.

Doktorkev
03-04-2007, 09:28 PM
Based solely on match-ups and speaking of SCU's size in the post, I'd rather face St. Mary's (CA) in the Championship game. Although Both of these teams have beaten us this season, I believe we match up better with SMC. Since losing Heytvelt, we've done a great job countering our height deficiency with our uptempo and versatile 4 guard/forwad play. However, I'm still not comfortable facing SCU's towering post-oriented offense. Plus, with Pargo's thigh bruise, our post play will become a critical part of our offensive flow. SCU is just too big in the paint to post-up guys like Bouldin, Downs, or a gimpy Mallon.

Completely agree,,, very accurate analysis

Doktorkev
03-04-2007, 09:33 PM
Tomorrow nights game is at 7 pm. Do I have that right?

rawkmandale
03-04-2007, 09:36 PM
SMC might be the easier matchup - not certain of that - but SC is 20-9 and St. Mary's is 17-14. If we did happen to lose tomorrow, which would be the "worse loss?"

I think we have a chance for an at large bid if we lose to SC, but probably not to SMC.

Hey, I want us to win and not worry about it, but it never hurts to hedge our bets.

rawkmandale
03-04-2007, 09:38 PM
Besides, wouldn't it be fun to deliver a pasting on Santa Clara?

sittingon50
03-04-2007, 09:40 PM
Think it's @ 6:00 Pacific.

ZagSlug
03-04-2007, 09:40 PM
SMC has been playing well down the stretch and both have bigs that could be a problem unless the Zags run them to death.

I would rather see GU face SCU with a little payback on their minds.

rawkmandale
03-04-2007, 09:42 PM
56-47 Santa Clara with about 4 minutes left.

rawkmandale
03-04-2007, 09:45 PM
Frankly, both GU and SC deserve to play in the Tournament. Both would be very dangerous.

RebornZag
03-04-2007, 09:54 PM
I think these are clearly the two best teams in the conference and should be playing in the finals. It'll be very fun I think. The Bigs against the little's. My favorite kind of game.... I always go with the little guys...It'll be two contrasting styles.

Plus the fact that Santa Clara beat us at home, and stopped our home court winning streak will certainly motivate the Zags. They caught us at the lowest point in our season, and we were just totally numb from the freaky news about the Cheney incident. We have recovered from that and are as solid or even more solid then ever.

I am so pumped for tomorrow because this game is going to show everyone, once again, what it means to be a Zag....I can not really believe how well our Zags are playing now....but they have made believers of me, again. I love the Zags!!!:)

RenoZag
03-04-2007, 10:00 PM
The Zags can have "payback" on their minds all you want. . .the Broncos know they can beat 'em.

sanfranzagsguy20
03-04-2007, 10:07 PM
pretty sure we know we can beat them too...to the best of my knowledge we beat them on their homecourt

RenoZag
03-05-2007, 06:09 AM
I guess I'm just a worry wart. . .SCU will be a tough out. Not having Pargo at 100% doesn't help either. And the free throw shooting--usually a very dependable aspect of the GU game-- has been bi-polar lately.

kdaleb
03-05-2007, 06:55 AM
Despite believing that SMC might be a better matchup for us, I was rooting for SCU in last night's game for three reasons:

1) Revenge -- I hope the guys are still pissed about losing to SCU at the Kennel

2) Davey -- Davey is such a class guy, you got to root for him as long as you're not playing him

3) Samhan -- that guy is such an ass, you got to root against him as much as possible

Zaghuatanejo
03-05-2007, 07:48 AM
Despite believing that SMC might be a better matchup for us, I was rooting for SCU in last night's game for three reasons:

1) Revenge -- I hope the guys are still pissed about losing to SCU at the Kennel

2) Davey -- Davey is such a class guy, you got to root for him as long as you're not playing him

3) Samhan -- that guy is such an ass, you got to root against him as much as possible

1) Agreed
2) Agreed
3) 1,000,000% AGREE!!!