PDA

View Full Version : Pendo!

Chewbacca
03-04-2007, 07:08 PM
The Brewster kid can shoot it! Good to see him getting some good looks and nockin em down! Keep it up red!!
:)

TuckC
03-04-2007, 07:24 PM
Offensive Player of the Year (MVP) in high school. He should be given the ball more. Red heads need loving too.

rawkmandale
03-04-2007, 08:06 PM
Career high with 22 points. ESPN.com only had him for 4 rebounds, which seems low from what I watched on TV. I don't think rebounding stats are normally very accurate.

In any event, what a breakout scoring game for Pendo!

SteeleMan
03-04-2007, 08:15 PM
i've been saying ever since the bust that Pendo is the wild card. And I was screaming at the TV early in the game for the kifd to SHOOT THE BALL.

happy to know he was listening.

zaguarxj
03-04-2007, 08:24 PM
Did you see the SD kid that ran out at him just shaking his head after he'd hit his 3rd in a row?

rawkmandale
03-04-2007, 08:51 PM
Doug Gottlieb just said "Pendergraft scored 22 - where did that come from?"

The answer: necessity meets native ability. The team finally needs Pendo to be a first or second option to score, and of course, he can.

rawkmandale
03-04-2007, 10:35 PM
Nice to see Pendo doing a little post-game interview on KHQ - he is a great ambassador for the program.

94zagoldwomanasherdsmen
03-04-2007, 10:37 PM
He's the reason I'm putting in a hoops court for my kids this spring. Hands down, he's the kind of kid I want my boys to aspire to play with and the red hair makes him their favorite (they're 7 and 5) because they can pick him out on TV - another plus in my book

Pendo's a SSSSTTTTUUUUDDDD I love his game!

GonzagaGurl08
03-04-2007, 10:42 PM
Way to go Pendo!!! I'm glad to see all of his dirty work, rebounding, floor burns, playing out of position, finally come in handy. For all of you who doubted the red head, I hope you are thinking twice. He's a special guy, with lots of talent.

CDC84
03-04-2007, 10:54 PM
I've said this and I will say it again....if Pendo had chosen a school like San Diego out of high school, he would be one of their leading scorers (if not their leading scorer) and an all WCC performer. He was a scoring machine in high school. But because he has played around so much offensive talent at GU, he's served as a scrappy role player up until now. By serving as a role player, it made his offense look rusty at various points, which made people question (even me at times) if he would ever do much on the offensive end.

Now that he is required to score to help make up for Josh's points, the rust has been coming off, and you're beginning to see that he can do some things on offense. He's always had a nice looking stroke. The guy has been on tear of late.

Nevtelen
03-04-2007, 11:19 PM
Monster game from Pendo. Man did he knock them down! He was, in a lot of ways, the star of the game tonight. If you would have asked me if I thought Pendo would ever be our leading scorer and a key component of our offense, I'd have thought you were nuts. But wow. The redhead can bring it. And how!

thickman1
03-05-2007, 05:39 AM
What was his quote after the Nevada loss, "I'm not here to go to the NBA, I'm here to win games!"

I love his fire and his attitude. He is the ultimate team player.

GonzagasaurusFlex
03-05-2007, 05:47 AM
Prediction.....open looks for DRav will increase in direct proportion to Pendo's continued offensive productivity.

tyra
03-05-2007, 08:07 AM
Seems to me that since the Cheney incident, our offense has taken on a more balanced attack. On any given night, we can have 4 or 5 players in double digits and the high scorer might be different every night. Think about trying to coach against the Zags and finish this sentence: All we have to do is contain ______ and we can win. But the problem is that _______ may be Downs or Raivio or Pargo or Bouldin or now, Pendo. Go Zags!

sullyzag66
03-05-2007, 08:39 AM
We can always count on Pendo. DePendo!

rawkmandale
03-05-2007, 08:40 AM
I loved David's comments in the newspaper this morning. I'll bet he is happy that the Brewster Bears boys team won another 1A state title on Saturday.