PDA

View Full Version : Katie Madison

zagco
03-16-2008, 08:05 AM
Anyone have any idea where she might end up after leaving Idaho? She is a great big girl who is a solid inside player. Is she from the east or west side of Washington?

BobZag
03-16-2008, 08:49 AM
I really don't know. If she wants to play right away, she could go D2. But I don't know anything about her. Idaho didn't have good talent, overall.

young julez
03-16-2008, 09:30 AM
Katie is from the very successful Prarie HS in Southwest Washington and played in the WA State All-Star game with Vivian as a senior. This year she was voted to the WAC second team, she is third in the WAC with a 16.3 scoring average in conference games, while her .523 shooting percentage ranks sixth. She was honored at the end of last season as the WAC Newcomer of the Year and was named to the All-WAC second team as well as the WAC All-Freshman team.

zagco
03-16-2008, 01:30 PM
Katie Madison could play for almost anyone. Idaho was terrible, but she was dang good. She's big. She would be an extremely valuable addition to almost any team. She has smarts. Idaho did not utilize her enough. She also needs to be a little more aggressive underneath.

vandalvixen
03-17-2008, 05:57 PM
Katie has a great future ahead of her, now that she is leaving Idaho. I wish her the best. This is a very brave decision to quit a team, even a bad team, without a sure thing waiting for her. You go Katie. We will follow you where ever you go.

zagco
03-17-2008, 06:13 PM
Zagco sat DIRECTLY behind the Vandal bench when they came to Boise, similar to where he sat when the Huskies came to Boise last fall. Similar to Washington's new coach, Idaho's coach berated his players and the whole vibe on the bench and in huddles was not positive. Zagco sits in that location about 10 feet away from the bench for all girls games, and those were the only two teams that put out a real weird, negative vibe. The girls looked mentally fatigued. But, like Zagco said, he was really impressed with her, and he was thankful that they did not utilize her more than they did. She is a very difficult matchup.