PDA

View Full Version : What's with the state of Oregon and basketball nets

CDC84
03-04-2007, 12:13 PM
Really odd observation I had last night.....The basketball nets at the Chiles Center at Portland have got to be the longest dang things at the D-1 level that I've seen. Kuso could probably brush the top of his head with them without even getting on his toes.

At the same time, if you take a trip to Eugene, the nets at the Mac look like someone put up a normal net, and then chopped the bottom half of it off.

Really odd.

NVzag
03-04-2007, 09:40 PM
Really odd observation I had last night.....The basketball nets at the Chiles Center at Portland have got to be the longest dang things at the D-1 level that I've seen. Kuso could probably brush the top of his head with them without even getting on his toes.

At the same time, if you take a trip to Eugene, the nets at the Mac look like someone put up a normal net, and then chopped the bottom half of it off.

Really odd.

Oregon: Things look different here.

CDC84
03-04-2007, 09:48 PM
The Portland athletic dept. must read this message board :)

They changed the nets for tonight's games. Go back to when Gonzaga played at Portland this year...you'll see what I mean.

PilotNut
03-05-2007, 12:14 AM
Probably becuase the GU women cut down the other "old" ones earlier in the day...? ;)